Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: ok I need Help

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't work into ring and increase. Sorry, I will shut up!

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL who knew a dragons ear would stump us today lol
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

I was born in the state of confusion and have never left!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you have to work on both sides of your foundation chain? I would check the other patterns in the book - see if one of them has an explanation?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just looking at it, i decided to try this. Why she didn't just say "work 11 sc in the ring" I don't know. But that's what it comes out to and it corresponds with the 1st row. It doesn't say to slip stitich at the end of each row, so I would put a piece of different color thread to show the end of a row. Try this and see what happens (I did try the ring and rows 1& 2.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is sorta out. See thread named Meet the newest member of the Zoo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. When I looked at your Mr. Green Jeens, I thought he was absolutely awesome!!. Then I looked at your pattern and just had to try it. I think what is missing is you may be taking the "rounds" to litteraly. Try this, Foundation; chain 6, sc in 2cd chain from hook, sc next 3 ch, 2sc in nest chain, flip work over, sc in next 3 chin backs, 2sc in next ch,((( DO NOT ATTATCH>>WORK IN THE ROUND!!!!))) the first stitch of the foundation row is the chain from the hook...then row 1 (remember to use the first chain as the first sc) ,,sc in next 5 sc, 2sc in next sc, sc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc, row 2 and 3 just use a marker at the point you are at then..row 5... sc 1 in next sc decrease over next 2 sc, sc next 9 sc, finish off. It seems to me that the person who wrote this instruction may not have paid strict attention to row endings. Please let me know if this helped. misskittyjean @yahoo.com
    Last edited by kitty jean; 02-12-2013 at 11:07 PM. Reason: forgot a point of refference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just had a thought,, think of it like the toe start of a lot of the slippers! It is almost exactly the same thing, written a little oddly.

Post Thanks / Like
    As in... ch 6,/working in 2cd ch from hook/ sc 4 so the writer left out most of the wording. ch 6 working in the round( this does mean that you do not slip stitch to connect you simply continue crocheting) This writer has used the number before the sc to indicate you are to do that many stitches in that one sc. We would understand it as 2sc in next sc. This writer has used the same method to indicate a dec of 2 sc tog.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh good grief if she had just said working both sides of the chain ok so I am learning. I was taking working in the round to literally kitty jean your awesome I have only bee making animals for about 7 months

lol and I got this as an answer from the pattern writer this morning

When you work in the round with a chain foundation you crochet along it as you normally would with a flat piece but instead of flipping it at the end, you work up along the backside of the chain stitches, into the loop not used for the foundation row. And if that came out as gibberish like I fear this link might help . She's making a leaf in the video but it shows the basics of it.
    Maggie
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning MsBhaven, and to all, I Hope I helped. Most of us who "adapt patterns" to what we see in our little heads have kind of a personal short hand, and it can be very "challenging" to write it out for others to use easily. The ears you used for your little fellow made him uniquely yours and he is adorable!!! Please keep adding to the zoo. Me? I am a slipper and afgan lady, but have recently, started a grandkids zoo. like I found a teddy bear pattern I liked and just kept making them and each one turned out just a little different. By the time it was all said and done they went to 2 trick or treators, 5 grand kids and 4 greatgrand kids for christmas, eachthe youngest named hers Peanutbutter! one of my grandsons requested a a wacky bat in mint green but was not about to trade his Rambo Ted for it!!