Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you are using a very small hook the pattern calls for a # 8 celluloid crochet hook I found this on the net as to what would be a closer modern hook ( i didn't answer this the woman that did has been crocheting longer then i have been alive

Celluloid No 8 Crochet Hook equivalent?
    I want to try crocheting an antique pattern which uses a celluloid no 8 hook. I know what that is, but I was wondering what size that would roughly equate to using a modern hook. The two hooks I have have letters on them (H,K). Would either of those be similar in size to the No 8? Thanks so much!
    4 years ago
    Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

Your best bet is a steel hook in size 1 or 2 if the pattern calls for thread. If it calls for Berlin(er) wool, that's a fingering or baby weight yarn, so try an aluminum B or C hook. Those old celluloid hooks (this is an early form of plastic) were small. I've got a few in my collection myself.
    Source(s):
    I have been knitting for 54 years and crocheting for 37.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    i found the pattern.
    Last edited by Trenarah; 02-10-2013 at 12:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

sorting out pattern

Thanks, still have a couple questions: In the pattern it says

"Continue without shaping for 4 more rows (or the req'd length of toe)."
    Basically continuing after the 18 rows just no increases. And this wide side is the toe?

"On the first 12 stitches only,"
    The first 12 stitches of the row that was finish from above?

"work in d.c., without shaping, a sufficient length to measure round the sole( underneath?) to the other 12 toe stitches.( again where are these stitches? Are these the stitches from the last row after the 18 and 4?
    Fasten off and sew the last row neatly to the toe stitches.(location?)

Doesnt say anything about a sole but it may be an assumption back in those days

Post Thanks / Like
    Need a bit more info. How many sts do you have on the row?.... I assume it is more than 24.

Moved to Vacaville, Ca, now in Sacramento
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which bedroom slipper pattern were you looking for? Anita

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by willowbrook View Post
    Thanks, still have a couple questions: In the pattern it says

"Continue without shaping for 4 more rows (or the req'd length of toe)."
    Basically continuing after the 18 rows just no increases. And this wide side is the toe?

"On the first 12 stitches only,"
    The first 12 stitches of the row that was finish from above?

"work in d.c., without shaping, a sufficient length to measure round the sole( underneath?) to the other 12 toe stitches.( again where are these stitches? Are these the stitches from the last row after the 18 and 4?
    Fasten off and sew the last row neatly to the toe stitches.(location?)

Doesnt say anything about a sole but it may be an assumption back in those days
    I looked at the pattern as I read it. the beginning of the pattern is your toe you will crochet for the 18 rows plus the 4 or +or - depending on you shoe size. if you were to lay that across a foot or shoe you would have where the toes would go. then with the first 12 stitches you will be making the sides and heal you will then join that to the the last 12 stitches to complete the slipper and it will need to be sewn to a sole (I am assuming they ment for you to purchase a sole) there is also the top part which will be near the ankle
    Last edited by MsBhaven; 02-09-2013 at 02:25 PM.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

7. Likes Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Usually, in toe up, you start at the beginning and increase to the desired number of sts required.... then you work up to the arch.... from there, there should be 3 equal sections, the 2 side gussets and the heel, which all three will eventually be joined to finish up with the cuff. My computer warned me that this pattern had a malware, and wouldn't let me open it. That's about the best I can do without seeing the pattern.

9. Likes Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Work your 4more rows like it says then do a dc in 12 of the stitches then fasten off. I can't say what after that but just follow the directions exactly and you should be OK I hope this helps. I'm not a pro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a corrected link to the first post. A guest requested the link to be added to this thread. Thank you!

Crocheted Bedroom Slippers - Free Crochet Slipper Pattern

Post Thanks / Like
    It appears to me to be very clear. Perhaps if you take it one sentence at a time that would help. Don't forget to count the stitches and rows you've done as you going on to the row/round.