Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  53
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Arthritis hands help

I just wanted to pass along what is working for me, I have a lot of arthritis in my hands, mostly my right thumb. I started using the Crochet Light hooks that have a thicker handle on them. I have found I don't get cramps and have all the pain I was having after crocheting for a while.

The only store I have found these hooks is Hobby Lobby but they are online.

Judi G

Somonauk,Illinois..a small town about 60 miles southwest of Chicago
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Judi...thats good to know..I may have to try them..If I get to crocheting for too long of a time, my hands will start to hurt too..I usually try to take a break for a day or so but will need to try the bigger hook..

3. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never tried those, but I did switch to using the clover needles and they have a larger handle also. I notice that since I have started using them that my stitches are more uniform and not nearly as tight! At first I would of swore that the measurements were wrong on the needles, then I realized that perhaps I wasn't fighting with the needle, therefore more relaxed! I will have to check out those Light hooks and see how they work!

5. Likes jennlee, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Judi..thanks for the tip ..I certainly will look that up. My hands kill me if I crochet to long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Judi, so glad you found a way to relieve some of the pain. I have arthritis in my hands and carpal tunnel. Thankfully my left hand is the one that hurts the most. Ginny

Post Thanks / Like
    Judi, thanks for the tip. I have them in "my cart" on the cut rate crafts site. I think I will try them. I am having trouble with the metal ones. My hands keep cramping up. I have had the carpal tunnel and the elbow surgery and rotator cuff surgery. I had the carpal tunnel and elbow srugeries way back in 1992. The doctor who did the surgery is a magician. He also did trigger finger surgery on my right hand. I have never had a problem from those surgeries. My hands just get tired. But he told me then that I would have a problem with rheumatoid arthritis and fibro before I was even diagnosed. Because of all the surgeries I had. I don't know how he could tell from that, but I went on to have multiple ear, abdominal, and leg surgeries in addition to those surgeries and tonsils and a cyst from the base of my spine. So I even crochet when I am walking. I have to sit and stand often. Thanks for the tip. Judy

9. Likes Colesmom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I will try the lighted Crochet hooks, I noticed my hands are starting to hurt Plus my fingers are starting to turn sideways from the middle knucle up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear friends! I wish you good health. here they say potatoes help from artritis.. I do not know

I was born in the state of confusion and have never left!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tip! I was working on a prayer shawl this week, needed it done quickly for someone facing surgery in the near future, so I worked longer than normal and then paid for it with pain in my hands all night. It was bad enough that I had trouble sleeping. I have to get myself a pair of thos gloves that they have for crafters, and also a couple of rist braces to wear at night to keep my wrists in a normal working position. Not crocheting is definitely not an option!

Potatoes? Eating them or wearing them? (as in rubing the on the skin LOL) I'll try anything. Arthur(itis) has come to stay. Sure wish he'd help pay the bills!

13. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You believe or not - I found 2 recepies. One is - grind 1 fresh potatoe and add 1 glass soure milk. Drink before eating for 10 days... It s from pain. Other is for joints. Wash 2 potatoes and when go to bed - take every potatoe into hand and put socks on every hand to sleep with potatoes in hands.... They say it heals joints....

15. Likes amanda, Maryjane liked this post