Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  53
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Arthur is my constant companion but I refuse him victory. I use the Tulip (Etimo)
    Crochet hooks with the rubberized fat grips. They sure make a difference in my ability to crochet for long periods. I highly recommend them for "older" arthritic hands and young ones that do any volume of crochet. They come in a set of size D to size I with nice case, scissors, metal darning needles and a short ruler. I paid about $50 for the set on Amazon. I have not found them locally. I consider them a crochet essential.

2. Likes Judi Gums, MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought an interchangeable set of hooks from f thru k and it took me a while to get used to changing my way of crocheting. I used to do it like holding a pencil and now I use the hook like a knife. I crochet a LOT and I always use the ergonomical if I can. I got them on Ebay and they weren't too expensive but I do love them!! I alos bought rubber tubes to put on the regular hooks and that works well too. I got a pack at Walmart for around $4 for 2 or 3 sizes to fit different size hooks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imj9scrochetj9 View Post
    I have had trouble with dry skin all of my life. You would think that living in Florida where the temperatures are not that severe it would be better...NOT!! I have found that if when preparing for bed at night I coat my hands and feet with vaseline, then wear cotton gloves on my hands and cotton .socks on my feet and wear them all night, my split open bleeding skin heals much faster. the gloves and socks will keep the vaseline from getting on the linens. Baby oil used generously after bathing has helped my legs from cracking open as much also. I hope this helps... If you find any other/better suggestions, please let me know. I do feel your pain.
    Try A and D for diaper rash. I use this everywhere including my lips when they chap and crack. Found this in Wal Mart.

5. Likes imj9scrochetj9 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a country girl I am always barefoot outside inside, not so much outside when it is extremely cold my hubby says I have okie feet I can step on a thorn and not feel it. My fingers and the corner of my toes are always splitting and cracking. I don't know if any of you have a .99cent store or a dollar store. I buy this aloe vera cream it has a green lid and I also buy this vitamin E cream it has a peach color lid. Ladies these are the cheapest but the best creams I have bought for atleast 10 years. The lotions work but the creams are so much better!

7. Likes Anaisa, imj9scrochetj9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning I feel your pain really. My daughter found a cream for me a few years ago and its wonderful. It even took the swelling out of my fingers. Its called Traumell. You can get it at the vitamin shopee if you have one around or at gnc. Here its $16.00 but it lasts for a long time. When I first used it i only did at night. But I found out it does not make your yarn stick to your fingers. You use a little dab in the palm of you hand and warm it than apply any were it hurts. They have pills to but could not go off my ibprohpan that long. I hope if you try let me know. some of the women at school have tryed and like. No smell.
    Good stiching

9. Likes imj9scrochetj9 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to wonder if the splitting may be caused from a build up of dry dead skin on the surface. My father use to have that problem. I told him to scrub the area while in the bath or shower to REMOVE some of the dead skin. I get it on my feet and elbows and I take my finger nails to it. It comes off easily when wet and just washes away. I also will do it with a towel when the skin is still damp, but that is messier. I use a foot scrubber that is metal and grinds it off when it is real bad.

Just a suggestion that won't take any money away from yarn buying......lol.

Judi G

11. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My 2 cents; I like the crochet lights...I bought 3 or 4 when A Micheal's store had the on clearance....I really like them..

13. Likes Judi Gums, amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The crochet needles with lights? They are awesome I only bought 1 size cuz they were kinda expensive and wasn't sure if they would really work! I love it my husband says he wants to get me more, size f, g, and h, i'm also lookin for the bookmark light thing so I can read my patterns at night.

Post Thanks / Like

PGirsh

[QUOTE=Judi Gums;56029]I just wanted to pass along what is working for me, I have a lot of arthritis in my hands, mostly my right thumb. I started using the Crochet Light hooks that have a thicker handle on them. I have found I don't get cramps and have all the pain I was having after crocheting for a while.

The only store I have found these hooks is Hobby Lobby but they are online.

Judi G[/QUOTE]

I had trigger surgery on both hands on all but little fingers. My surgeon told me if I was not crocheting my hands would be in worse shape and to keep crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Amanda, I would tell your husband that you wouldn't want to deny him the pleasure of getting you the other size hooks...lol. Also try looking in a book store for the bookmark light. I haven't seen one, but I haven't been looking for it either.

I started out with only one of the lights too, just to check it out and now I am not using any of my others. If I have more then one project going at the same time using different sized hooks I take one of the regular hooks in the proper size and weave in in and out of what I am working on, it keeps it together and I also know exactly what size hook I need. But I work in the Crochet Light hooks.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by amanda View Post
    The crochet needles with lights? They are awesome I only bought 1 size cuz they were kinda expensive and wasn't sure if they would really work! I love it my husband says he wants to get me more, size f, g, and h, i'm also lookin for the bookmark light thing so I can read my patterns at night.

17. Likes amanda liked this post