Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    The set I use most often are my Boye hooks. But I do have a set of Bates hooks as well.

When I'm teaching I have my students try both types so that they can make up their own mind.

I also love the afghan hooks as well.

I keep a set of cable hooks on hand for those projects that get too big for the afghan hooks.

And then of course there are the broomstick lace pins, hairpin lace pins and the wonderful large P, Q and S hooks as well!
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If the yarn is kind of slick, I like the Clover Soft Touch hooks. Mostly I use Susan Bates bamboo handle hooks. Easier for the arthritis in my hands.
    I've tried the all bamboo hooks, but the hook isn't as deep and I couldn't catch the yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've just had so many requests for the SmartGlo hooks (the ones that glow in the dark) that I've started carrying them in the shop.
    Smartglo Crochet Hooks multi pack Susan Bates by crochetgal
    Glow in the Dark crochet hooks Smartglo Crochet by crochetgal

If anyone is interested, please let me know as I'm ordering again on January 7th.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

5. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have looked at the gloing in the dark hooks and chrochet light hooks...I might have to try them just for fun. I have been teaching a few young girls in town to crochet and noticed they were having some trouble with the Boye style hooks that I prefer. I bought my daughter some Bates hooks and they worked sooo much better for her and her friends, it was like night and day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently saw some hooks with padded handles that looked easier to grip in the Herschnerr's catalog. They only sold them as a set and they were somewhat expensive. Does anyone know where to find them individually so I could buy just one to try?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Theresa,
    I think I saw those hooks on sale individually at Michaels. I don't know if you have one near you or not. Or try doing a search of the name of the hooks and see if they come up.
    Let me know what you think of them. I have wondered about them myself. I have arthritis in my thumb bad and I am not sure how it would work out for me because it is thicker.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    I am die hard Boye user . I feel as though i am doing something behind their backs if i use another kind of hook . i have used Bates a couple of times but please dont tell Boye !

10. Likes taral liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep looking at the lighted hooks. When I use black yarn, I have such a hard time seeing what I'm doing. Would those hooks help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Donna,

I have to sit at my desk when using dark yarns with my desk lamp on. If you try them please let us know how they work. Michael's may carry them, not sure.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Judi - if the roads are decent tomorrow (snowing right now), I'll check out the Michael's store. I also sit at my desk with the Ott light over the work to see what I'm doing with the dark yarns. Not sure if it is the yarn or my old eyes!