Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  31
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Post Thanks / Like
    Broomstick is not really new. I did one years ago with an old childs broomstick that I sawed the broom part off and it worked out great. There are you tube tutorials for broomstick lace that are pretty good. You can get pvc pipe at the hardware store to create a stick or use a large long knitting needle if you have a big one. Check out the you tube tutorials and you will see different ways to do broomstick lace most use 5 together to form the twist but I have seen 4 before. Hope this helps.

2. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was told to buy a large plastic knitting needle! Ihave a few patterns for it , I like how it looks. I have not attemted it yet! I want to get some of my other projects finished before I start something new. There are a lot of cool new stitches I would like to try, but they are on hold for now!

4. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We all seem to have 'so many irons in the fire' right now. We are so blessed to be able to do our 'handwork. Lawana

6. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

cactus flower here

Quote Originally Posted by seashells_Shelly View Post
    I found a crochet pattern that I printed. It's for a shawl using the "broomstick lace" stitch. So far I can't figure it out. I had to order the "broomstick lace needle from ebay as I couldn't find one around here and no one knew what I was talking about. I'm wondering if anyone has used this stitch and how would you rate it's difficulty? I'm into making shawls for myself and would love to make this one. It's ranked number 6 on my project list. But when I print a new pattern, I move this one down again. Any info would be appreciated.
    Broom stick it sooooo very pretty,I have made many scarves with that stitch and have taught some of my crochet friends how to do it. You will enjoy it, you could find the big needles at JoAnn's, Michaels too, if you go to thrift stores you could find a lot of the old time hooks too I have found a great variety of crochet hings in them. Have fun...another thing you could make several strips and sew them together to make a boat neck top, just food for thought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Amanda have you tried the "crocodile stitch"?....awwww it is sooooo nice....I am going to start some house slippers the tops are crocodile stitch. I made a shawl out of it...I wish I knew how to post pictures, any one who can help this antique lady ?

9. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for the info. I'll check out YouTube. Shelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the great info. The Michael's near here doesn't carry the broomstick lace needles. You have given me much food for thought with your great ideas. All ideas are greatly appreciated. Shelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Amanda, I am in the same boat, so to speak, with having so many things I want to make. One more project for a special person, then I'm going to try the broomstick lace. Looking forward to that keeps me motivated to get other things done (housework has taken a back seat to my projects lol). I also make beaded jewelry, just learned how to make paper beads which I enjoy very much. Twice a month our sewing group at church get together to make quilts. Five grandchildren, two dogs and a fabulous husband. Life is wonderful. Shelly

13. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am learning the crocodile stitch and am making nice 'scales' but the return or foundation row is confusing me. I'll 'get' it eventually but really get frustrated!
    Quote Originally Posted by cactusflower View Post
    Amanda have you tried the "crocodile stitch"?....awwww it is sooooo nice....I am going to start some house slippers the tops are crocodile stitch. I made a shawl out of it...I wish I knew how to post pictures, any one who can help this antique lady ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Blossom View Post
    I am learning the crocodile stitch and am making nice 'scales' but the return or foundation row is confusing me. I'll 'get' it eventually but really get frustrated!
    Lawana..I have yet to do crocodile stitch but I so want to do it also. Like you I have so many projects started and some that really need doing..lol, so I know I will get there too.

I have done broomstick lace years ago..my sister in law taught me..also hairpin lace (which I absolutely love) but now I am going to have to watch a video to refresh my memory on broomstick lace. I also had big plastic needle for it..but also used a wood knitting needle and liked that also.

Good luck everyone with every thing you do..such a great bunch of people here..I just love this place!

16. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post