Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rose Anne... the way that I have learned to carry more than one color throughout a pattern is to stitch over the thread that I am not using in order to carry to another spot. Of course you would not want to do that for more than one thread so just the main color. I then join another thread into the pattern by pulling a loop through where I am crocheting and carry the tail through the work in order to lock it in. I have eliminated the knots in this manner and find that I like the fact that there are fewer threads to have to work in at the end of the project. I always carry a 2 inch tail when working in a new color this way.. I taught myself to crochet when I was a girl. I had the help of my Grandmother Bitty who was an avid crocheter herself. I learned by watching her and copying what I saw her do. I am left handed and at that time, ( we are talking about the '60's) there was no such thing as a pattern or tutorals on needlework for lefties. It has been along tiem and I have learned to read patterns ect. I have always found crochet to be relaxing and a great form of stress relief. Hope that my trick helps you. Ronina

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbara,

I have been saving them to my favorites. I thought maybe there was a way to file patterns under categories within the system.

rose ann

Post Thanks / Like
    Ronina,

Yes, this is much better than tying another color on. The knots sure can be cumbersome. Thanks for taking the time to share this with me.

rose ann

Post Thanks / Like
    Rose ann,

You can use the search box at the upper right hand corner of your page and enter a keyword. It will come up with all the threads that have that word in it. For example, if you want to search doilies, it will come up with all the threads that are on the forums that have that word in them. It is great to find info you need on site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Barb,
    I followed this video for the pinwheel coasters and I can't believe how pretty they are! I made a set of them last night and a friend of mine has requested I make some for her. It was easy to follow and a great beginning project using multiple yarns which I have been having trouble with.
    I wish she had supplied the placemats patternthat goes with these.
    Thanks so much for this suggestion.
    Two projects complete so far....I'm on my way
    Janie

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Janie,

It is very exciting to hear about your completions! If you are interested in posting a picture to the forums, you are more than welcome to! I am glad to be of assistance! Keep up the great work!