Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  309

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    My sister gave me an Oakley backpack...so it's really sturdy and has great compartments...and it's not large like a regular backpack; So I keep all my hooks and similar supplies in there....I have a snickers tin which is just long enough to hold my using w/ this project right now on my table...which also fits in the backpack...this way I just grab and go; So it fits pencils for graphs, hooks of all sizes, safety pins, needles etc all in neat little compartments....

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, this is prolly WAY more info than youz wanted...................

This morning, I moved ALL my BEADING mags to the bookcase next to me and placed all my YARN in the little bookcase that used to have my Bead mags............ya following? LOL

Now all my crochet/yarn/knitting is in one place and all my bead items are in one place. Except for of course the yarn and beads that come together, but I'll cope, LOLOL

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2493[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2494[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2495[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2496[/ATTACH]

Feeling Organized is a great feeling!![IMG]http://crochettalk.com/images/styles/AestheticaPurple/misc/pencil.png[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images Crochet Tips for Organization for 2013! Crochet Talk Contest Thread-yarnarea2-jpg Crochet Tips for Organization for 2013! Crochet Talk Contest Thread-yarnareabyrecliner-jpg Crochet Tips for Organization for 2013! Crochet Talk Contest Thread-beadarea-jpg Crochet Tips for Organization for 2013! Crochet Talk Contest Thread-beadanglewsmudge-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    This looks great, Landon!

Post Thanks / Like
    There's that pencil again!! What is up with this?? Yes, I edited is that why??

5. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep all my doily patterns in scrapbook cases I hae 2 a large one which I got when I filled the small one..need to get another large one next time I go to Michaels

7. Likes Barbara G., amanda, aporfirio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have definitely got to read some of these tips. Til then, I figured I'd throw in my 2 cents. By the way, I'm good at organizing things. Then I want one with just a few things closer to me, now I have 2 places, forget what is where and have to reorganize to figure things out. Crazy I know. But, my Pink Room is my favorite. I just wish it was bigger, and down stairs. lol It's my dressing room, hair salon, and yarn room. No wonder it's my favorite.

For the yarn: I use lots of bins. I have tried it different ways, but currently this is what works for me.
    1 - sorting yarn by weight. If I can sort by color within that bin I will, but I realized, when I want to do a project of a certain weight, it's better to have it all together to see what I have.
    2 - use smaller and see through bins. I was using large bins, but what a pain to move around, and not much room on the shelves. So especially for my specialty yarns, its easier to see what I have and to get to if they're not all in one big bin. Things I have a lot of, like Caron, I still keep in big bins to see what colors I have of it all at once.
    3- Use the Stash feature on Ravelry! I keep trying to add to it, but I'll new get that all done. And the feature where it says: where it's stored, use it!!

So all the wrapping paper, gifts, stuff I was "hiding" from guests are all out of my pink room. I got new containers, so I have everything neatly stashed. (I even went to Joann's, and only bought 2 skeins of chunky yarn). I'm really trying to use up my stash! Now if I could only find that neat blocking wire set (I bought awhile ago, and forgot to use it for all that blocking at christmas) I could finish my blocking. I need to find it, and mark down where I keep that!
    Last edited by Joyannerose; 01-14-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The crochet supplies along with the Yarns and hooks costs a little bit more as compared with other items. They are mainly used for storing patterns. You can also use the shelves that are readily available in the market. You can cut up boxes to use them as bins. Thanks for sharing.

10. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was totally un-organised unless one day my dad bought me a wardrobe just for my crochet yarns. Well it is small and does not fit all my yarns, But I keep my one project yarns in a plastic bag and then put it in the wardrobe. So when I need to start one particular project I have all my yarns together. Another time my mum bought me a small plastic stack box stand, where I organised all my crochet tools like - hooks, needles, scissors etc. Helps me a lot For pictures I would have to clean up for sure

12. Likes amanda, justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well Learner18 get to cleaning we would love to see pictures. We're that kind of people here. Take care and enjoy! Betty
    Quote Originally Posted by Learner18 View Post
    I was totally un-organised unless one day my dad bought me a wardrobe just for my crochet yarns. Well it is small and does not fit all my yarns, But I keep my one project yarns in a plastic bag and then put it in the wardrobe. So when I need to start one particular project I have all my yarns together. Another time my mum bought me a small plastic stack box stand, where I organised all my crochet tools like - hooks, needles, scissors etc. Helps me a lot For pictures I would have to clean up for sure

14. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yarn stash

Hahahaha. I'll show you a portion of my "studio" that has some of my yarn stash in it. I'm still trying to organize. (Well, I would if I could figure out how to add a pic to this post.) Crochet Tips for Organization for 2013! Crochet Talk Contest Thread-yarn-stash-jpg

Did it work?????

16. Likes Judi Gums, amanda, little drummer liked this post