Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I have done snowflakes and little Victorian decorations like spiral icicles with crochet thread that had a metallic thread running through it. I have also used the cotton to crochet over glass ball ornaments, similar to a snowflake design. It gives them an older look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all, I hope you can post the images of your finished decors here as well as the patterns you used so that we can also follow your lead I hope to make some for next year

Post Thanks / Like
    I have many on the tree right now. I will take some pictures later this week and post them. If anyone wants a particular pattern, I will ty to share - if I still have them. So are quite old.

Post Thanks / Like
    I made a few snowflakes several years ago but had totally forgotten about them! I guess I'm getting old lol. I might have to try some again for next year

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Crochet Community, thank you for signing me up and I look forward to receiving the news! I am really interested in making unusual and probably difficult toys, i.e., elaborate dragon or other toys with the technique for open mouths on the toys. Years ago, in Needleworks & Crafts (1980's) there were toys like this. Specifically, Goldilocks and the 3 pigs had a wolf with an open mouth. I am just so anxious to see all the creativity and follow your expertise! Thanks so much!

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Teri. What an unusual hobby. Are they toys something you collect or are they gifts? And is there a special reason for the open mouth? I did some searching and there don't seem to be many patterns that fit that description.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri Taylor View Post
    Hello Crochet Community, thank you for signing me up!
    Welcome to the group, Teri! It is nice to have you on board!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi to all
    I have made all my ornaments this year . I did some of Lionbrand animal patterns in sz 10 thread. a little more challengeing but turned out so cute, the first was the elephant and just kept going.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    Welcome Teri. What an unusual hobby. Are they toys something you collect or are they gifts? And is there a special reason for the open mouth? I did some searching and there don't seem to be many patterns that fit that description.
    Hello Theresa, Thank you for your reply!

I guess I wasn't logged in when I replied earlier so I am not sure if you got my reply.

I haven't seen any patterns either for the snout and open-able mouth. I had made a crochet wolf (from 1980's magazine) that was part of a set of Goldilocks and the wolf. My grandson loves chinese dragons! He is now 11 and harder to buy for than ever, and he really loves electronic gadgets; so anything I would want to make for him would have to be unique and look like a keepsake and not a stuffed toy. I hope you know what I mean?

I am working on a 9 pointed star afghan that is in the colors (red, white & blue) that matches the Captain America Shield. He and I made a shield from a silver garbage can cover and painted it (after seeing the movie) which even I thought was very good! I think he will like having an afghan on his bed that would match (even if it is a star instead of round.)

I also purchased a very difficult Skeleten pattern from a website and it is soooo unique and even I love that too.

Thank you for your kind reply!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Barb! Thank you! I am really looking forward to hearing about the creativity going on!

12. Likes Barbara G. liked this post