Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Post Thanks / Like
    There you go! You figured it out for all of us. Thank you! Foundation Double Crochet!!! Of course. And...how thoughtful of you to send along instructions, too. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    In the pattern, it says Fpdc stands for front post double crochet.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,
    I'm afraid I have no info on the questions that Tigg had about those two stitches. However, I also have a question about a particular stitch as well as an interesting discovery I made while attempting the bean stitch. The stitch I am questioning is called the star stitch. It is also called the daisy stitch in some places. As I understand it, they are both the same stitch. I have watched the videos on it and have practiced it myself. It really looks very nice and I would love to create something with it, but I have not yet been able to figure out how to keep the same number of stitches on subsequent rows. As most of you will know, with the star stitch you do one row of star stitches followed by a next row of single crochets, then stars, then single crochets, etc., but every time I complete more than the first row, I am always losing stitches and I can't see how to avoid doing so. Is there a trick I don't know about?

The second thing I have is concerning the bean stitch, another stitch I have recently learned by watching videos on it. The thing I discovered, after my first 2 rows on an afghan, is a way to avoid having great difficulty in pulling your loop through the 6 loops on your hook. It has to do with the way you yarn over. As you know, the bean stitch requires you to go into the stitch and draw up a loop (2 loops on hook), then yo, then go into the same stitch and draw up another loop (4 loops on hook), then yo, then go into the same stitch again and draw up a loop (6 loops on hook), then yo and draw hook and loop through all 6 loops on hook. My problem came when I tried to draw through all 6 loops on hook. Every single time, I would have trouble doing this - my yarn would split and I would invariably catch a single ply loop from another stitch on the hook. I would twist my hook and pull, and eventually would succeed in finishing the stitch, but sometimes (frequently) would have to begin the stitch again from the beginning before I could get it to work. Very time consuming and frustrating! What I discovered though, was that, when I go through the stitch to draw up a loop, if I catch the loop on the hook by yo in a clockwise movement going over the yarn from the left side instead of, as I am accustomed to doing, going under the yarn in a counter-clockwise movement and catching the loop by bringing the hook up over the yarn and catching the loop in that way, my next loop that I have to draw through all 6 loops pulls through very quickly and slickly without catching a single-ply loop from one of the loops already on the hook. I hope this is helpful to some of you. I'm sure that many of you had figured this out on your own, but it would be nice if, in their tutorials and movies, they would explain and emphasize the importance of yo in a particular direction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi:

I have a book some-were, I will try to fine it.
    Go try this: Go to red heart and they will probably have a picture to show you how to do it.
    I think the LDC and FPDC needs Double crochet around post, one will be for the back post and one for the back
    I hope this help you.
    Let me know, what you fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    FPDC= Front Post Double Crochet BPDC = Back Post Double Crochet

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone,
    I think Tigg is aware of the meaning of FPDC and BPDC. It is the FDC abbreviation that she hasn't seen before and isn't sure of its meaning. I agree that it usually means Foundation Double Crochet, but I don't see how that can be the case here if the pattern asks you to use the FDC in rows beyond the first row. I've never heard of it being used following a Single Crochet row where you are to go around a Single Crochet stitch in the previous row (as opposed to going into the Single Crochet stitch), so this might be what they want you to do, but I would only be guessing. Good luck Tigg.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tigg,

Keeping It Stepford: Tutorial - Basket Weave Crochet Stitch click on this, scroll down the page and you will see that step 3 says FDC is front double crochet.

Also here is another website:How To Do Texture Front and Back Post Stitches and Textured Dishcloth Pattern If you scroll down on this page, you will see a picture of front and back post double crochet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tigg. I was wondering what row you are on..I have looked through the whole pattern and I don't see the FDC stitch at all in the pattern...