Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  46
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456

Post Thanks / Like
    On giving the hats away I have a great long story. One Nov. I asked a nurse at a VA hospital about hats. She picked up the phone and called someone to talk with me. Come to find out they have 2 floors for a nursing home for vets. I talked with this gentleman and found out that they give the people a bag of Christmas things and one of them are hats. I asked him how many he needed by Dec 15th. He said Oh, just 600. I am on good terms with the ladies in a county senior center, so I called a meeting. I told these sweet ladies what I needed. They thought I was crazy. I needed them made out of something that would wash. I ended up in less than a month with 559 Hats all washed and in a box They were the highlight of the Christmas bags. The ladies that I had talked with got their friends and neighbors working on them. We were so blessed to get what we had to take there.

2. Likes amanda, Carolyn1953, Colesmom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Texas Transplant - What a wonderful story!!! People can be so kind, sometimes they just need someone to tell them exactly what to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    that'sa a delightful story, I'm sure they were all well received.
    Bailey
    In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength

Post Thanks / Like
    very touching story, i love happy endings....

Post Thanks / Like
    Amanda, my Daddy's birthday was Dec. 14. If you grandson grows up to be half the man he was he will be a great person. I have two grandson's, there is nothing like them. Congratulations!

I have a friend who has a homeless ministry. I made several hats and scarves and gave them to her. My daughter-in-law worked for Salvation Army after we had some terrible tornado's. They do great work and I am sure they would get anything you donated them to people who need it.

7. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I participated in a challenge called 12 Hats in 12 Days for NICU babies at my local hospital. I heard about on Facebook through one of the companies I follow and since we were talking preemies I thought..piece of cake. Boy was I wrong..lol. I managed to complete the challenge in the required time, finishing up on 12/12/2012, and I'm not sure what hurt worse by the 12th day -- my hands or my brain. I took them to the hospital and while due to security I couldn't get to the nursery, I gave them to their Volunteer Coordinator. I wasn't sure if they'd be interested in my offerings, but the smile on her face said it all. She was thrilled, gave me 4 hours volunteer credit hours per hat (not sure what I'll do with those..lol), and told me to please come again, with more hats...lol. It was such a great feeling to know that 12 tiny babies would receive one of my hats. It was the best Christmas present I received, hands down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Luapmerriam thankyou! I have 4 sons only. I am so proud he has gained 4 ounces, he is now 2 pounds 7 ounces, I have to go to my dads today opposite direction of where my grandson is. My son was going to go with us today to see cooper, my grandson, but my dad asked my husband and i to come over there today. So tomorrow we will go see our grandson.