Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

need help with hat instructions please!!

mash52 has been making childs cowboy hats and I got the pattern but can not figure out round 41. rd 40 ends with 62 sc. rd 41 says scin next 2 sc, 2sc in next sc around and should add up to 85 sc. I CAN ONLY GET 72sc.????????? can you help me mash52 or anyone

Post Thanks / Like
    Be patient - someone will help! I have only made one hat that was a very simple premie hat...someone will be able to help you.

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you barbar, I,m sure they will

Post Thanks / Like
    does the pattern say you should have 85? because to my math skills, mind you I stink at math, yet, I come up w/ more stitches; so does the pattern say that you should have 85 stitches at the end of row 41?

Post Thanks / Like
    can you share the pattern so we can see where you are?

Post Thanks / Like
    Grandmalane - If your total st for the last rnd is 62 and you inc every third st that would be an increase of 20 st for the next row - there would also be two sts left over in the round (20 x 3 + 60) - you could sc in one and inc in the next bringing your total to 83 for the round to finish the row - it shouldn't make a difference in the item and you would be at the total for the row. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    go raverlry.com and put in cowboy hat. you will see it by RAIN MORRISON and their is a link to the free pattern.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    yes val, that is the hat. I need to know how to get from row 40 to 85sc on row 41

Post Thanks / Like
    still hoping some one can help me. I really want to make my great granddaughter a cowgirl hat