Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  49

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    i am right handed. i hold my crochet hook like you would if you had a pencil or a fork. i just put the string on my left hand in between my 2nd and 3rd finger, i do not wrap the yarn around my fingers at all, i find this is enough tension for me to crochet.

Post Thanks / Like
    You mentioned how you hold your working yarn...I have been crocheting since I was in elementary school and I'm 45 now. I just learned the correct way to hold the yarn last week. I just had it curled in my had not around any fingers or over and under fingers just held in my hand. My fingers would cramp from keeping the tension I needed. My sister who lives in Kansas talked me through how to hold the yarn and finally after all these years I can crochet without getting a cramp in my left hand from holding the working yarn. What sorta yanks my chain is I have been crocheting with a group at Micheals and the teacher there has never said a word about me not holding the yarn right. What is up with that???
    Quote Originally Posted by libertylady64 View Post
    i am right handed. i hold my crochet hook like you would if you had a pencil or a fork. i just put the string on my left hand in between my 2nd and 3rd finger, i do not wrap the yarn around my fingers at all, i find this is enough tension for me to crochet.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean