Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

Question from GramaKate on Sashay Scarves

Hello members,

GramaKate has a question for you:

Does anyone have a crocheting tip for doing the new sashay scarves? I can do it knitting but like to crochet better.

2. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    you tube has alot of crochet videos on the ruffle yarns. red heart yarns has several on their channles. hope this helps!

4. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara, I have made several of the ruffel scarves. Here is what I did: Fold the " yarn " over so that you have about 4 inches overlaping. I use a size 5 ( med. size hook ). Go in and out of the first 4 loops and then skip one , go in the next, skip one untill you have the number of loops you want to crochet on the hook. For a full look I use 10 loops but if you want a skinnier look , use 6. When you have the desired number of loops on your hook pull the last one on through the rest. It will create the first ruffel bunch. Now alternate ( one on hook, skip one ) untill you have the number of loops and pull the last one through all loops on hook. Repeat untill the scarf is the length you want. When you get to the end cut a " tail " of about 4 inches and twist the tail to make it thinner. Pull the tail through the last loop ( the one left on hook after the " bunch is created) and trim if necessary. I used two balls of " yarn " for each scarf as I wanted mine to be long and full but you can create a lovely scarf with one ball if you want a shorter style. Hope this made sense. Kat

Post Thanks / Like
    Try Crochetpatterncentral.com. They have a lot of patterns. Hope this helps.