Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  69
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Lily Cotton Sugar'nCream yarn-cottonbag-jpgHere is a large bag/tote I made with that yarn. It worked up so easily!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greatexp View Post
    Lily Cotton Sugar'nCream yarn-cottonbag-jpgHere is a large bag/tote I made with that yarn. It worked up so easily!
    That is really beautiful!!

3. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    QUOTE=greatexp;44067]Lily Cotton Sugar'nCream yarn-cottonbag-jpgHere is a large bag/tote I made with that yarn. It worked up so easily![/QUOTE]

oh, wow... that is beautiful... I love the colors; I cannot wait to be able to do something like that!
    ~Tammy~

5. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like the brittle plastic hooks. I broke one in half crocheting and I didn't have another of the same size. I like metal the best and this yarn is great for a cotton. I made all of those snowmen out of it.

7. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boopie View Post
    QUOTE=greatexp;44067]Lily Cotton Sugar'nCream yarn-cottonbag-jpgHere is a large bag/tote I made with that yarn. It worked up so easily!
    oh, wow... that is beautiful... I love the colors; I cannot wait to be able to do something like that![/QUOTE]
    Thank you! I thought the yarn was easy to work with, though I did have to get used to it. That was a free pattern that I altered a little and made a lining for.

9. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon, how do I get to your site to see the tutorials. I would like to have your pattern for the biege or blue and white dishcloth. I can knit dishclothes but am much faster at crocheting. Thanks I have used tons of the Lily cotton you asked about and it works up washes great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellisen View Post
    I've knitted dishcloths with this yarn. Have seen patterns for knit or crochet toys, animals, dolls out of it. No problems working with it. I didn't feel it was too rough on my old hands. Don't know about using it for clothing. If you use it for clothing, I'd be interested in knowing how it feels to wear it.
    I've made a poncho out of it and it's great. Gets softer with every wash. Almost like a brushed cotton now. I made pot holders this week that turned out great - nice and thick. Have a picture but don't know how to add it.
    Last edited by featherfarm; 12-12-2012 at 12:51 AM.

12. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I make handbags and toys and summer hats out of Sugar n cream and Peaches and cream. I find that Hobby Lobby's I Love this Cotton is softer that the first two, which is fine for some things like summer baby clothes. They all wash nicely, but will shrink slightly if washed in hot water. Watch out for the huge cone prices. Hobby Lobby has them for 14.99 or something like that and Walmart has them for 8.99. Prices are approx. I haven't had to buy any for a while. Caro

14. Likes Carynjoyb, StephsMom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love this yarn! The first things I learned both in crocheting and knitting was using this yarn and I love the softness of it. I buy the large spools whenever possible as well as the small skeins.

16. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    i have also made some hats from this yarn..and they were well received...(slouchy hats) and wash cloths and dish clothes and towel toppers....lovely to work with,,,

18. Likes Carynjoyb, StephsMom liked this post