Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  69
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    the lily sugan n cream cotton yarn and the walmart peaches n cream cotton yarn work up very well. i was very pleased with both of them..i usally get my plastic crochet hooks from hobby lobby and use their 40% coupon off on one hook!

2. Likes Carynjoyb, BarbySue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    the cotton yarns work up well for summer time projects and christmas ornaments too!

4. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I use this yarn quite a bit. I am currently making a knitted afghan with it. I mostly use it for baby blankets and wash cloths/dish cloths. Keep in mind that when it's washed and dried it does shrink. It can be pulled back into shape. I always make the item a bit larger, this way you don't have to worry when it shrinks down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by boopie View Post
    Has anyone tried this yarn. I saw it listed in Hobby Lobby's online website. I was wondering if it was a nice yarn to work with.

Thanks

Surrounded by the mountains of Vermont, USA
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have used this yarn before. However, I tried and now prefer Bernat crochet cotton. Even if I don't catch a sale ( which of course I strive for) I use that now. I find the Bernat softer with a lot less splitting. Good luck!

7. Likes Carynjoyb, MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I've knitted dishcloths with this yarn. Have seen patterns for knit or crochet toys, animals, dolls out of it. No problems working with it. I didn't feel it was too rough on my old hands. Don't know about using it for clothing. If you use it for clothing, I'd be interested in knowing how it feels to wear it.

9. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by libertylady64 View Post
    the lily sugan n cream cotton yarn and the walmart peaches n cream cotton yarn work up very well. i was very pleased with both of them..i usally get my plastic crochet hooks from hobby lobby and use their 40% coupon off on one hook!
    do you like the plastic hooks for just cotton yarn; or all types of yarn?
    ~Tammy~

Post Thanks / Like
    I ended up getting the I Love This Cotton yarn because I was having a difficult time finding the Lily brand. Then, after I picked out two colors to try a potholder or dish cloth, I saw the Lily brand. I already had the other so I kept it. Hubby comes with me so I print two coupons!

Thanks for all your comments; I so much appreciate it.

Oh, and btw, I made a coaster today!!! I used no chain turn and it didn't come out too bad. I have to get batteries for the digital camera but will post. By no means is it a master piece but I'm happy just the same. I told hubby I was going to do a dishcloth or pot holder, then Baylee's blanket (which is all of a large hand towel) and then I'm making his lapghan. He loves colors so I am thinking the psychodelic (sp) colored yarn.
    ~Tammy~

12. Likes Carynjoyb, Val, Landon, tammyc77, Colesmom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great! Glad to hear all is going good for you. Addicting isn't it, lol! Can't wait to see your pictures of the coaster, I have mine all over the place and I was surprised at how much I enjoy using them as well as making them. Keep having fun!

14. Likes Carynjoyb, Landon, tammyc77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking forward to seeing your finished project also. I like to use this to try out new stitches - it gives me the practice and it's large enough for me to see the detail and even better - when I'm done I have a wash cloth!

16. Likes Carynjoyb, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Tammy, you are doing so awesomely well! I am very excited for you!

18. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post