Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  28
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm interested, depending on the theme chosen. Unlike many of the others, I really like the rules. Participating in the Crochet Exchanges has shown me the pitfalls of these sorts of activities. (I do agree they could definitely be streamlined for our event.)

The rules I specifically like are:

8. Shipping Conf# or tracking #'s are a MUST in this swap (available in US only). Please send it to me as soon as you ship your package via PM. International swappers; please let me know when you ship your packages.
    ( A package I sent was never acknowledged. I should have made sure to get a tracking number so that I could confirm that it made it to its destination. It never made it back into the exchange and the exchange had to be restarted. Apparently the member just dropped out of the site and event without notification. Next time around I would also PM with my partner before sending anything to be sure he or she was still interested in participating. I still feel badly that I didn't do this last time. *sigh)

9. ALL- please let me know when you receive your packages via PM
    (For me, part of the fun is in watching the progress of the event. However, I would like to see members keep us up-to-date by using the forum, rather than a PM to the coordinator) to tell us about the packages they receive. It would also be nice to have a message when my partner is sending a package to me so I can be sure to watch for it.)

10. You also need to thank your buddy by sending them an email, mailing a thank you card or by PMing them or posting in the forum itself. This is a must for all the time, expense and consideration that your partner spent putting together your swap package and is just good swap etiquette besides!
    (My partner in the recent Christmas Exchange was terrific about letting me know she received, liked and appreciated her item. But, some weren't so lucky, I'm afraid. A simple posted thank you would be easy to do. A simple, but meaningful bit of etiquette.)

I'd be happy to help organize this after the holidays if people are interested. : )

Chef

2. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Chef, I can live with those rules. I can't imagine not saying thanks for what you get. I like the ones that have posted pictures of what they got. I hope I thanked everyone for my squares for my blanket. When I put it together there will be pictures you can be sure of that!!

4. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

swap

I am a member of KP and have done several swaps. Finished items are not necessary. It is usually just patterns, yarn, hooks maybe candy and or hot drinks. You fill out a little form stating you preferences and your swap partner can send what she wants. The cost of the swap is usually $10.00 plus shipping. You send a tracking number so the swap coordinator know your swap has been shipped

6. Likes Carynjoyb, Butterflyrose liked this post