Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 4 of 10 First ... 23456 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe it is a knitted entrelac type pattern. It looks to me like they are using very bulky yarn, and using the purl st as the front.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGirl View Post
    I agree with you they are knitted. My Grama made lots of them pattern here Welcome to the Knitosphere: Checkerboard Slipper Tutorial
    Thanks so much for that link! It's the first tutorial I've seen for them, and it's a good one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi it's me again I checked it out on ebay ,I thought i reconized it phentex put it out yeears ago,as a free pattern it's knitted,if I recall I made a few of them years ago
    dianegladys.etsy.com
    flickr.com/photos/dianegladys[/url]
    photobucket.com/albums/s105/dianegladys/

Post Thanks / Like
    Its knitting, here is a link to the page on ravelry .Ravelry: Checkerboard Slippers pattern by Denise Levs . I have made more than a few of these . This is another good pattern for them , http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/ch...-slippers.html
    http://www.abundant-yarn.com/Store/p...idproduct=6923 This pattern can be downloaded and has step by step pic's
    Attached Images Attached Images Anyone know what stitch this is?-3098054489_9c374dd504_z-1-jpg 
    Last edited by lorahuey; 12-04-2012 at 09:24 PM.

5. Likes favesis37 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, at least now i know i cant make any more. Oh to be able to knit,would love a couple more pairs. They last forever!! Thanks for all your help

Post Thanks / Like
    Diane Gladys, Please explain your avatar. The dolls are cute but I've never seen that type before. Always curious!!! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Diane Gladys, Please explain your avatar. The dolls are cute but I've never seen that type before. Always curious!!! lol
    Hi Twinfaye They are dolls I design myself and also the outfits ,I call them my Dowling Darling& Dude Dolls,I have them for sale on my etsy
    dianegladys.etsy.com
    flickr.com/photos/dianegladys[/url]
    photobucket.com/albums/s105/dianegladys/

Post Thanks / Like
    How neat!! I am just amazed by the talent on here.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is knitting with 2 colors, doing the garter stitch (knit every row), and you twist the yarn between each color to make it pucker a bit. My old pattern was call Checkerboard knit stitch, I think. You cast on 6 stitches in one color, then 6 stitches of the other color until the desired number is reached. Then, you knit the first 6 stitches, twist the yarn and knit the next 6 other color stitches. Keep the twisted yarn on the back and it really is easier than it sounds. Then at the end of 6 rows, change colors so you create your checkerboard blocks. It will have a puffy design to it right away and when you have it long enough. Gather the toe and sew the top up as far as you desire, and stitch up the heel in either a straight seam or an upside down T seam. I hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so glad that someone was familiar with this pattern. It makes a nice slipper and is very warm.

12. Likes favesis37 liked this post