Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 5 of 10 First ... 34567 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Miss Pat, Thank you for mentioning the raspberry stitch - I looked it up, and just love it! I am already dreaming up projects. I just love crochet!

Post Thanks / Like
    I never seen a crochet hook with a cord. If it's like the circular knitting needle then I wouldn't like it cause I don't like circular knitting needles.

Post Thanks / Like
    You got it exactly right GranaKate- we made these years ago> Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by GramaKate View Post
    This is knitting with 2 colors, doing the garter stitch (knit every row), and you twist the yarn between each color to make it pucker a bit. My old pattern was call Checkerboard knit stitch, I think. You cast on 6 stitches in one color, then 6 stitches of the other color until the desired number is reached. Then, you knit the first 6 stitches, twist the yarn and knit the next 6 other color stitches. Keep the twisted yarn on the back and it really is easier than it sounds. Then at the end of 6 rows, change colors so you create your checkerboard blocks. It will have a puffy design to it right away and when you have it long enough. Gather the toe and sew the top up as far as you desire, and stitch up the heel in either a straight seam or an upside down T seam. I hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Oops!
    Last edited by JessicaJean; 09-27-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was knitting, but it looked like a variation. Good to know GramaKate and Magnolia Blossom! It looks nice and close, perfect for slippers!

Post Thanks / Like
    favesis37-Don't give up because you don't knit. Look for a similar crochet pattern-bet there is one out there somewhere. Try redheart.com ravelry.com lionbrand.com allfreecrochet.com also-google free crochet slipper patterns and click on images. That way you may see something like what you are looking for. Good Luck! imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Tunisian Crochet Entrelac
    I think this is what your looking at there is a pattern book at annies attic that shows how to do this I have made several baby blankets using this stitch once you learn this stitch it is very easy
    How to Make Easy Tunisian Crochet Entrelac
    Hope this helps

Cindy

Post Thanks / Like
    I make these all the time, they are knitted, working with two different colored wool, knit 5, switch yarn, knit 5, switch yarn, etc. Cast on 55 stitches, knit the first row, then knit 5, introduce the new color by knitting 5, *switch and knit 5** repeat to the end and you will finish with the same color that you started with. Turn, twist the wool, and repeat with the same color scheme for a total of 10 rows, then switch the sequence of the color.

This can be done with circular or regular knitting needles and once you have achieved 49 rows, cut off long strands and cast off on the 50th. When casting off, pull the wool thru the stitch and that will form the toe as the wool becomes gathered. Then simply sew the backing for the heel area, and sew the top, leaving a total of 20 rows (2 blocks worth) open for the foot insertion and voilà.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Cindy, I believe you can also find a video instruction - or several of them - on YouTube for the Tunisian Crochet Entrelac.

Linda

Post Thanks / Like
    Favesis37, this is a knitted pattern. It is knitted with 2 strings, one for each color. Each string is pulled along on the inside of the slipper as the outside is knitted. If you want the pattern, My mom makes them all the time but has never written it down, I can try to write it down as she makes one.