Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  30
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: chicken hat

Post Thanks / Like
    Your boy nothingnowhere?? Wow!! And thanks..hehe

Post Thanks / Like
    What a totally awesome hat! I am sure your girl will love it.....and I would love the pattern!

3. Likes queentatonka liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Awww Thank you Crochetnolgal!! I would love to share how I did it with you but I do not have a pattern...All the girls on this thread and I had massive discussions on how to pull it off so if you would love a challenge give it a try and we are all here if you feel the need for guidance....there are a lot of good crocheters on here..I am still learning but here goes...take any free hat pattern that you can find...you can either google crochet hats or if you belong to Pinterest I am on there...Carolyn Cook...and you can go to my board and look under my free crochet hat patterns...After I found one I liked and made it came the challenge..There is no real "hen pattern" that I could find..I think someone has a rooster pattern that is a pay for pattern pdf. but if you want to try your hand at what I did...for a hen..I did a scallop for the comb...for a rooster I would do thin spikes I think or something more pointy...even a larger scallop would probably work...then I googled a picture of a hen and went from there...I used buttons for eyes....and the beak was pretty much a cone that you can just google how to crochet and I stuffed it a bit and bent it down before I attached it to the hat...thats it! haha...give it a try...it feels very rewarding to actually create...Please post on here for all of us to see if you do end up making one...we all love to see other crocheters work!!! If you have any other questions just ask and anyone on here would surely help! gl!!! And Merry Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like
    You are so very welcome queentatonka! I am still learning also and enjoy challenges of the creative type. I will add the Chicken Hat to my winter projects list and let you know when I get it done. I just received the "Dummies" book for Crochet along with their Knitting book today. I am also planning on teaching myself loom knitting this winter.......like I don't have enough to do! Happy Holidays to you and all!

6. Likes queentatonka liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    knitting is one thing I can not do...I have tried many times and I just can't get the hang of it..loom knitting I have never tried so make sure you keep us informed on how you like it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Will keep you posted over the winter as to any progress I make in knitting and loom knitting. I finally have figured out how to download pics from my camera and will try to get some posted later this week. Of course it will just be crochet for now :-)

9. Likes queentatonka liked this post