Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: magic circle?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to watch a video. Seeing it written didn't click with me...hoping the video will do the trick.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a little trouble learning the magic circle but one I did I never use any other way to start a circle.

3. Likes rosieh20 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I started using the magic circle about 2 months after I learned how to crochet and I love it! I used it bout 99% of the time. Very easy to do.
    Once you try it, you will love it!
    Jschnauzer
    Back to Life & Ready to Roll, YO, SC, DC or Chat!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am the same way, I forget to use it if the pattern does not suggest it. It is easy once you get the hang of it, and it is really nice not having the open hole!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using the magic circle for quite a while now, even though I am "old" school. I make a lot of ami's and hats for charity sales. I even use it on granny squares. I used my own method for making the magic circle. I was teaching several women how to crochet a hat and needed to show them how to make the magic circle so I watched a you-tube so I could show them an easy way to do it. They found it quite easy to do once I showed it to them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have my problems with the magic circle, feel like I am all fingers for some reason..But I keep trying because it sure would be nice to be rid of the hole! Also what is anyones opinion on finger crocheting the chain? I seem to have problems with tension and keeping it straight; and when my niece finger chrochet (she's 7) the chain looks soooo even and doesn't twist. I am still working on getting the fingers and mind to cooperate, but if no one thinks it is any better I won't keep trying. Should have had her show me how she did it, would of been easier than the youtube.. I think

Post Thanks / Like
    I discovered the magic circle several months ago on U-tube and have used ever since. At first it was a challenge to get it right, but after you get the hang of it, it looks much nicer than the traditional way.

9. Likes rosieh20 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I use it also..

Post Thanks / Like
    I also use the magic ring...I love it since you can close the hole up in any hat that you do..I love it...