Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Hot Pads

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I do and I will hunt it up and post it. Its quite simple and you can use color of your dining room or kitchen, wherever you might be using them. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    I generally only have an hour or so at the end of my day to watch TV or crochet. I love mindless patterns I can do while watching TV. Killing two birds with one stone so to speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am wondering with your hotpads is it better to use crochet cotton like for dishcloths or can u use wool?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just use reg. 4-ply. Don't think wool would be good for cleaning if accidents happen. 4-ply can be washed in W/D with no problems, for me ,anyways. Caroline
    Last edited by valentine; 12-11-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could even make them in various colors for different holidays! I think I just found my next idea for Christmas gifts for next year. Thank you ladies. Looking forward to that pattern Misty!

Post Thanks / Like
    I also love crochet hot pads, I have a few that I made years ago and they are still going strong. I use the store bought ones when ever I worry about them getting messy. I made one out of three strands of crochet cotton and made two then sewed them together around the edges. I have now started making them in long rectangles then folding them over leaving about an inch at the top so I can slide my hand inside or use it doubled up depending on what I am using it on.

I make crochet dish cloths in several different stitches. any stitch that is close together will work for this as it will stretch out a little bit when wet, but I have found they clean so much better, heck my husband likes them so much he even jumps up and helps clean up now. Who knew?? I should have made them years ago....lol

7. Likes Theresa L liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    For dish cloths of course I use cotton, but for hot pads that you put on the table I use yarn. I got a pair of those gloves for the stove that have the sticky stuff, so it doesn't slip when pulling out pans from the oven, etc. They are great. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone: First of all, thank you for allowing me to join your forum. I'm excited and also a little apprehensive-I'm really computer stupid. I was really interested in reading your posts on Hot Pads. I have made these for years. I make mine out of regular RH Super Saver (that's what is easily available in my area and it's relatively inexpensive) If you are a member of Ravelry, (it's free) they have several patterns for hot pads and pot holders. I'm not sure if I did this right but this is one I made this year Tried to look pretty potholder . They turned out to be a little over 11". I used RHSS red, green, white and mistletoe. They turned out pretty. If you go to Ravelry--have a little extra time because you can get lost looking at everything. If the link didn't copy correctly--I go to Ravelry and then click for patterns--then you can set filters like crochet; free; has photo; English. This Tried to Look Pretty Potholder is written in Norwegian and English--just go to the end of the pattern and it is in English. I hope you find this helpful. I just hope I did the computer stuff right. Again, thank you for allowing me to be a part of your community.

Post Thanks / Like
    Karen,

Welcome to the group! It is great to have you onboard. I took a look at the pattern you did. They look really nice! Hope you enjoy the group!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Karen,

I think your pattern looks great. Thanks for sharing the link here. I might just get to do your pattern one of these days (I hope! lol). Anyway, you did great with the "computer stuff". Don't worry, most of us here started from scratch and it just takes a little practice to gain more confidence in doing these things. It's just similar to crocheting, you know. With a little practice, I'm sure you'll eventually get there