Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Hot Pads

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all
    That pattern is for potholders, right? I meant hot pads, ones that you put on the table to protect from ruining your table top from hot dishes. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    I also use my potholders for hot pads. My favorite ones are the ones that are a double thickness. I think they are called "magic potholder"....single crocheted and it folds into itself as you are crocheting. All you do is stitch up the opening at the end.

Post Thanks / Like
    really, have never heard of them, but that doesn't mean anything, lots of things I don't know, thats why I am on the forum to learn right. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    They are really simple. Ch 36, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. At the end of row, DO NOT ch and turn. Just keep crocheting around the other side of the ch. Continue doing this. It will look really weird but will eventually make itself into a square after several rounds. Keep working until the 2 edges meet then just whipstitch the opening closed. I know this isn't a good explanation but hopefully someone will have a link to the pattern.
    Last edited by KathyL.; 11-29-2011 at 02:57 PM. Reason: forgot a step

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again, I am getting so much new information every day. This is really great. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot to add you use a G hook. Peaches and Creme cotton yarn, like dishcloths are made of, is the best but you can use regular 4 ply yarn. These are great to work on while watching TV as there is no real counting involved. It is one of those "mindless" projects people talk about.

Post Thanks / Like
    The mindless are the ones I like the best I always seem to need my hands to be busy. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    Try this one out! Chain approximately 50 ch and then hdc in last ch and each ch across. When you get to the end hdc in the begining ch. Do not make turning ch, just keep crocheting in hdc continuously until the sides connect when you lay down like it was a tringle, but actually turns out like a square. You can sew or crochet the two sides together ( add a loop for hanging if desired). I make potholders like this only starting with 28ch, they are the best and you just throw them in with towels in laundry. Got this pattern from my" crochet phonetic MOM " and a few others. Good luck if you get creative with this SIMPLE technique.I use an H or I hook.
    Last edited by valentine; 11-30-2011 at 10:57 AM. Reason: forgot hook size recommended

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Misty do you have the pattern for those hot pads? I would like to have a copy if you would like to share. Thanks JoAnn

Post Thanks / Like
    I just made some for my mom. I guess I didn't have a pattern, I was just kind of winging it. They turned out nice though.