Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: purse lining

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmalane View Post
    does someone have a easy way of putting a lining in a crocodile stitch purse.I made my granddaughter a meirmaid bag and she said grandma my pencil fell out.[/I]
    As a matter of fact I do. I have made several crocodile purses. I use colourful pillowcases that I buy in the dollar store. Most of the seaming is done already. I just cut it down to size and sew by hand into the top of the bag, making sure the right side shows on the inside. Heres a picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images purse lining-003-jpg 

2. Likes grandmalane, Maryjane, Anaisa, Carolyn1953, Lin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is a great idea! What a beautiful purse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulrika View Post
    As a matter of fact I do. I have made several crocodile purses. I use colourful pillowcases that I buy in the dollar store. Most of the seaming is done already. I just cut it down to size and sew by hand into the top of the bag, making sure the right side shows on the inside. Heres a picture.
    Lin

Post Thanks / Like
    great Ideal. I took a piece of graft felt, folded it lenght wise, sewed the ends and whiped stitched it to the bottob half of the bag. that should help a lot. the little thing will all go to the bottom anyhow. but next time I might try that. I made a small purse that had instrutions to crochet the linning in the inside .