Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Help with a confusing line of stitches ?

Here is the Row instructions that are a bit confusing for me.

Row 1: Ch 3, work 1 dc in next 2 dc’s, * (2 dc’s, ch 2, 2 dc’s) in next ch-2 space, rep from * across, end work 1 dc in next 2 dc’s and 1 dc in top of ch-3. Turn.
    Rep Row 1 for Pat St.

I understand that Ch 3 is Chain 3, but work 1 dc in next 2 dc's? I don't get it!

How do you work 1 double-crochet in the next 2 double-crochets if you only previously Chained 3?

AND...* (2 dc’s, ch 2, 2 dc’s) in next ch-2 space?

Can someone help me to understand these instructions?

Post Thanks / Like
    It just means to work 1 dc in the next 2 dc of the previous row....Hope that helps...One dc in each one....

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, you have to do your chain row first....How do you work 1 double-crochet in the next 2 double-crochets if you only previously Chained 3?
    Now your chain three is your first dc...everytime you start a new row, chain three = dc; ...* (2 dc’s, ch 2, 2 dc’s) in next ch-2 space? so your foundation should have a 2 chain space and you would work 2dc ch2 2dc in that space...does that help? If not, I will try and explain it again...

Post Thanks / Like
    reads like you are doing a Cluster V Stitch..chain 3 is a double crochet..then double crochet in next 2 stitches then you are doing the cluster v stitch..you will have 3 double crochet @ start and end.. check this video...I might be wrong..