Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Faye,

Have you tired putting the chain around something to put just a small amount of tension on the ch ring as you stitch? I have found with a long one like that it helps me keep mine from twisting so much. I have used the back of a chair even, or what ever I can find around the house that I can easily adjust. Best of luck.

Judi G

2. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What a clever thing to do!! Thank you, Judi!! I had not thought about that but I can see how it would work!!

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem Landon.
    I made my first fingerless gloves pattern over the weekend for my husband, he works in the cold each day.
    They turned out so nice that I made myself some and am on my third set. I live in NC, where today it is going to be in the 80's, so I hope I will have the chance to wear mine....lol.

Judi G

5. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Really? I love easy! Can you share the pattern?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here goes, keep in mind this is my pattern that I made up as I went along. Directions may need to be adjusted for the individualize person as everyone has a different size arm and hand. But just add or take away a couple ch until yours fits.

Size G hook, 4 ply yarn

Ch 32 (or number of ch's to fit a little snug around widest part of the hand)

Sl st together to form a ring.
    1) Ch 1, SC around, SL ST at end of EACH ROW.
    2- 15)- Or number of rows to come to the base of your thumb) SC evenly each row.

16) SC in 1st stitch. Sl st in next 8 sts (or # to fit base of your thumb) then cont. sc around. (This is for thumb)
    17) Sc in 1st st, sc in each chain. Sc around
    18-25) Sc in enough rows to cover hand up as far as you would like.

Note.....I made a total of 5 DEC to close in the top just a little to keep it a little snugger. Use your own judgement for yours.
    Fasten off.
    On Row 1 I went back and did an additional row of SC OVER TOP OF ROW ONE, I know this is different, but I thought it may keep it from stretching out. I also did a couple DEC to pull in the bottom just enough that it would hug the arm better.

I hope you can follow my directions. Have fun with it, and let me know how it works out for you, or if you have any questions.
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Really? I love easy! Can you share the pattern?

Post Thanks / Like
    Judi, thank you so much!! I will let you know how I do on it and you can count on questions, LOLOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the pattern that looks good. The tips keep coming and I will try all of them and let you know. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    My two grandsons just saw the fingerless gloves and now they are wanting some. This is a good way to use up left over yarn too.
    Happy stitching,
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

This may sound "way out there" but I have simply taped my chain to the table leaving enough slack to join the ends. I find it easier to lay it out to ensure it isn't twisted. May be a bit odd but it works for me. Lots of great hints here.

12. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I say that is a great tip, what ever works best for you.

I remember when I was a child my mother told me there is "more then one way to do something right" That always stuck with me, so when ever I felt like maybe I wasn't doing something right I looked at my finished results to determine IF I was doing things the right way and not just following everyone else. This really holds true in crochet, even though she meant in life. We lost her when I was only 28 yrs. old, nice to have the memory.

Happy stitching,
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    This may sound "way out there" but I have simply taped my chain to the table leaving enough slack to join the ends. I find it easier to lay it out to ensure it isn't twisted. May be a bit odd but it works for me. Lots of great hints here.