Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just checked the web site about the colors because I'm a little analretentive and it said the hats need to be dark color. I don't know if we want to go by that or not but thought I would throw that out there.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to go by the colours listed on that site. I figure they have been doing this for a while and they know what their talking about.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, no dark purple??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    So, no dark purple??
    do you have a picture of the dark purple? or since you are waiting for your wool is there somewhere I can go look online to see the color?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    I am going to go by the colours listed on that site. I figure they have been doing this for a while and they know what their talking about.
    On the site it does say medium or dark colors..so it might work with the dark purple

Post Thanks / Like
    That it does, Christa! My apologies. Somehow I got blacks and browns and camos in my head!!

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Irishjl;31017]According to the military, the hats have to be either dark blue, camo, dark gray, dark brown or black. Also, they have to be 100% wool as acrylic yarn will melt in the heat. I don't know about crocheted hats, but knitted ones have to be in stockingette stitch so they can be worn under a helmet and so they can be folded to fit into a pocket. They ask that you do not use bulky yarn or double the yarn when making the hat. Hope this helps some.[/QUOTE]

This is where I got those colours in my head, LOLOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    This is where I got those colours in my head, LOLOL
    That is quite ok Landon..we were looking in two different places..but I do agree with the colors you are talking about. that is the colors I got myself...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, If and when I get it I will use it and if they can't wear it someone can take it home with them. I'm still hoping there is a women in the bunch. The wool is from Ebay and coming from China so it has taken a long time to get here. I got a deal on it so I hope it is worth the wait. The only bad thing about Ebay other than the addictive problem is that some things take a long time to get here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to see who would be intersted..-yarn-jpeg
    these are the colors I bought..