Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just looked at the site and there are hats to knit and crochet and lap blankets to crochet as well. The hats need to be all wool but the lap blankets can be acrylic. The blankets are for patients, either in wheelchairs or sitting in chairs and need something to cover their legs. The site gives specific patterns for crochet and knit both for hats and the blankets. I'm definately putting this on my "To Do" list.

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    I found a site that has caps in knitting and crochet patterns:

Home Page

It is called Caps for Soldiers.

The lady who started it said they need knitters. Well, here is my motivation! She says on her site how much it means to our Military overseas to receive a gift from home. Bless their hearts! can't serve, but I know I can learn how to knit!
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey BarbySue... Right know I'm just going to be doing the hats since they will be shipped to soldiers overseas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too! I still have to get the wool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Christa, honey, could we get a number? If the soldier is in a platoon of 20 and he receives 5 hats, he has a problem on his hands.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a fantastic idea! I'm with ya 'all on this. I've got a question that I haven't seen answered yet...what color are we making them in? Are we going by the colors the web site said they make theirs in? I've got a coupon and ready to go shop
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

6. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have some dark purple wool on the way is that too girly. Wait, there could be women there too. Is dark purple dark enough? Won't hurt my feelings so be honest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey BarbySue..I would do natural colors..nothing really bright. Since You don't want anyone to stand out.
    Landon, I really don't know a number...I was thinking maybe 20 or 30 to begin with. When I went and bought my wool I bought 4 skeins and i'm not sure how many they will make. This can always be an ongoing thing just make some up in between other projects and when we get a certain number and send them. How does that sound?

Post Thanks / Like
    Twinfaye..I'm sure they would love the purple but in the military I don't think they will be able to use it with. That is why I'm thinking more grey's, camo, tan, you know neutral ones. or military colors..

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we need to stick to the colours posted on the site I posted the link to. They have to stick to their uniform colours.

Christa, I'll make as many as I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good to me! Still waiting on my wool.