Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 11 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: sashay yarn

Post Thanks / Like
    I knit and crochet. I have done three Sashay scarfs in knit. It was very easy, I kept having the yarn slide off the needles. So I knit them on circular needles at least the back end stays where it belongs, I only have to worry about the front. Anyway, I never thought about crocheting the scarfs. I am so glad, from what I just read it is too complicated for my old mind. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Sashay yarn

Quote Originally Posted by strawhat29 View Post
    I want to make a scarf out of sashay yarn and watched a video, but it wasn't very clear. Insert hook into second space and sc, but the way I see it is a slip stitch not an sc. Can anyone help me. this is my first time posting so Hi to everyone!!! and I don't really know how to get around on this site. Thanks to all.......
    I use sashay yarn a lot and, yes, you do make a slip stitch. If you tried to use a single crochet it would be too tight. Good Luck with your scarves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn1953 View Post
    Best I've found so far is website Simple & Sensational
    two different techniques under ruffled scarf. Hope this helps. Caro

Um, Caro, could you/would you please post the URL for this site? Please? Pretty please??

Post Thanks / Like
    I can see I'm going to have to relearn knitting!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll try to figure out how to do it! May have to wait until my hubby gets home!

Post Thanks / Like
    thank all of you for your help..

Post Thanks / Like

Sashay Scarves

Carolyn1953, I too am a senior citizen, just turned 72. I find the ruffled scarves (potato chip scarves) are simple and very quick to crochet, the time consuming bit is the sewing the ends neatly and sewing together the strips. I have started skipping to the third loop to make the scarves fuller and only making two strips of the pattern. Good look!
    Last edited by jrgeer; 10-19-2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: wrong name

Post Thanks / Like
    Nevermind, Caro! I stumbled across her video on YouTube. LOL!

Are these scarves the up-and-coming thing for teens & (I guess) adults? My neighbor owns a beauty salon and offered to sell my crochet items. So far I have zip to offer. Are these scarves really as easy as the video seems to show?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, they are. As for fashion I've seen a lot of them around. Should only take one skein. Biggest challenge for me is pulling the net apart and keeping it down while you crochet the top edge. Once you get the feel of that it's fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have trouble with the turning and then crocheting(with slip st) into the original sl st start. any suggestions? thanks in advance