Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

New pattern question

So I have just started a new pattern. I have attached a photo and the link. It was a free pattern. It is constructed in lengthwise panels. . I started Panel A and came up against a question and have not been able to get ahold of the designer. Here it is:

Panel A (make 2)

SPECIAL STITCHES
    Front post treble crochet (FPtr): Yo (twice), insert hook from front to back to front again around the post of next designated st, yo, draw yarn though st, (yo, draw yarn through 2 loops on hk) 3 times, sk st behind FPtr just made.

Cable A (Cbl-A): Sk next 2 sts, FPtr around the post of next st, BPdc around the post of 2nd skipped st, FPtr around the post of 1st skipped st.

Cable B (Cbl-B): Sk next 2 sts, FPtr around the post of next st, BPdc around the post of 2nd skipped st, working under the front post just made, work FPtr around the post of 1st skipped st.

PATTERN STITCH
    Ch 25 (25, 25, 29, 29).

Foundation row: Dc in 4th ch from hook and in each ch across, turn— 23 (23, 23, 27, 27) sts.
    Row 1 (RS): Ch 2, BPdc around the post of next st, *Cbl-A across next 3 sts, BPdc around the post of next st; rep from * across, ending with hdc in last st, turn.

So…I start with 23 stitches after my row of Dc. I BPdc the first stitch (one stitch). The pattern stitch covers 4 stitches and is worked 5 times (20 stitches). Then there is a HDC in the last stitch (one stitch). That adds up to 22 stitches, not 23. Have I missed an instruction somewhere for a stitch?
    I also checked the instructions for Panel B and I found the same thing - that I am “short” a stitch.

What do you think? I can’t seem to attach my photo!! But here is the pin -

Free crochet pattern: To Aran Is Human - The Crochet Dude | Crochet cardigan pattern free, Crochet sweater pattern free, Mens crochet
    Last edited by NancyMcQuade; 07-13-2021 at 11:24 AM.