Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last

Thread: Christmas Gifts

Post Thanks / Like
    I am new to Crochettalk so I am trying to get the feel of things. I have wanted something like this for quite some time. I am glad I found this newsletter.
    I have crocheted 8 toilet tissue covers and 8 kleenex boxes to match so far. They are all different. I started several years ago crocheting minature stockings and when I eat out, I give the waitress a small stocking with the tip inside. I didn't make any this year and I have had several waitresses asking if they can get one so now I have to make some for them. I use different patterns and some are crocheted and some knitted. I have made several crocheted Christmas towels , crocheted dishcloths, knitted slippers and knitted scarfs which I pass out to winners at our weekly Bingo games where I live. I never get bored. I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas.

2. Likes Barbara G., Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boodamomx6 View Post
    Theresa I am new to this group can you please describe what a ugly blanket is?
    HI Boodamom! In another thread, we were talking about how to use scrap yarn and there were lots of wonderful ideas. My husband volunteered to take his own personal afghan made from scraps regardless of color. I tried at first to use compatible colors but there just weren't enough of any of the, I have since branched into other colors and well, the combination is just downright ugly! He doesn't like open weave patterns because he says they let too much air in and don't keep him warm. So I started with a chain of 200 stitches and I have been single crocheting my way back and forth in stripes that ae about 6 rows each, until I run completely out of specific color. It is a fun and easy project but it reminds me of the Technicolor dream coat without the brilliance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carole View Post
    I started several years ago crocheting minature stockings and when I eat out, I give the waitress a small stocking with the tip inside. I didn't make any this year and I have had several waitresses asking if they can get one so now I have to make some for them. I use different patterns and some are crocheted and some knitted.
    I love the idea of giving the little stockings to the waitresses! What a great idea!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nita T. You are one busy lady. I love all your ideas. I haven't done any sewing in years, I need a new sewing machine. I made 13 afghans last year for gifts for everyone in my family and a friend. This year I have joined two knit and crochet groups and have spent most of my free time making donation items to give to them, a lot of hats, both baby and adult and also a lot of Granny Lapghans to go to local nursing homes.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours, along with everyone else in our group.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not going to get the Afghans made in time for Christmas my granddaughter Presligh will not let me crochet too much at a time. I think that she knows that I have her raggy Annie doll made so that is it for her. Everyone have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Happy crocheting and knitting

Post Thanks / Like
    The ugly blanket sounds like a couple of cat blankets I made. I used up all my little odd balls of yarn that I wouldn't use for other projects....weird colors or just too dark. I do alot of stuff for babies so most of my yarn is pastel colors. I don't use dark colors for baby stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard of people putting their odd balls of yarn in a bag and pulling them without looking at what is coming next and working them up like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Almost done with my last ski cap! Just need to add the pom-pom and wrap it up.
    Linda

10. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Did anyone receive any handmade Christmas gifts they would like to share? I didn't but I'm the crafty one in my family so I didn't expect any.

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I didn't receive any handmade items for Christmas either, but I did finish a scarf just in time for my 15 yr. old grand daughter to snitch it as she went out the door.....lol. Time to start again on the 6 pineapple scarf.

13. Likes teapot1640 liked this post