Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  37
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

I Have STARTED! LOL! ;D

This will be my attempt to post a photo along with my usual ramblings.

I finally grabbed the crochet hook and have started the "Simple" Scarf...which it really is once you get the hang of it. It only took unraveling the third row at least a half dozen times to teach my itty bitty little brain to do a double crochet st instead of a half double st, remember to add the Ch 1 in the middle of the cluster, quit putting 5 dc into a cluster instead of 4....you get the idea Good thing my hair is thick & white (no really, it is white in front) because I almost tore my hair out and/or had it turn white! LOL!

So, without further ado, here (hopefully) is a photo of my progress at around 3PM today. I'd probably worked on that puppy for about 4 hours...lots & lots of unraveling. The colors are off but my photography will improve.

I Have STARTED!  LOL!  ;D-simple-scarf-october-started-6-x6-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! The colors are very unique! Thanks for sharing!

3. Likes Lynn E liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice colours, thanks for sharing and rambling....

5. Likes Lynn E liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What cool colours!! What yarn are you using? I don't know enough about yarn to recognize it! I really like the colours you are using, it looks like a ribbon yarn to me.

7. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it looks great and join me and ramble on. I bet some people on here think she will say anything and she rambles on and on and on on off topic a lot. They would be right but I can go all day and not talk to a human so I get everything out here.

9. Likes amanda, Lynn E, Erika liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Lynn, every time I come to the boards and see your post and I get so excited for you!! I hear you, it is easy once you get the hang of it and i found myself not doing it properly if I tried to watch TV while I was crocheting! I had to pay attention to what I was doing. I am delighted to have my colourful scarf I crocheted myself with the help of my crochet friends on here!

Can't wait to see your scarf!!

11. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    looks great! thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we need to rename this place to rambling on because we all do it. lol I get so excited to see everyone's comments and likes and all.
    I love the colors and it looks like a bulky or ribbon type yarn. I can't wait to see the finished project.
    Have a great day. Oh by the way, your not the only one who sits there and unravels and unravels . I think i did that with my snood last night
    a billion times. lol
    Happy crocheting

14. Likes Lynn E liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I Have STARTED...part deux

Thanks to all of you for the encouragement and kind words.

Yes, it's a ribbon yarn (dreamed up by some sadistic yarn designer), lots of tiny threads and holes to get hung up on the hook.

It's called Felicity, by Universal Yarns. This color is named Verdana. The label describes it (wait a second, need my glasses here) as a Bulky (wt, category 5) yarn made up of 72%Polyamide , 14% wool ad 14% acrylic. 50 gm/1.75 oz., 85m/93 yds. Hand wash cool water, lay flat to dry. Recommended hook size L-11 (8mm). 12 sc x 14 rows = 4" BTW I used a Boye I/9 (5.50mm) hook.

Here are a couple more photos taken in sunlight. The colors washed out but, as with crochet, practice makes perfect with the camera. I shall blunder on!

The last photo is of a shawl I started to crochet, winging the pattern as I went along. I used Tahki Captiva, color Silver Coin which looks beige to me. Such a boring color! I'm stuck at this point cuz I only bought one sk of this color to test it out; have aqua & dark grey too. Those two colors don't work with beige. I'm trying to decide if I should use a light lavender and maybe a light blue (if there is one)and a light green, maybe? What do y'all think? Suggestions would be great as I usually pick ombres so I don't have to choose compatible colors.

Okeydokey, enough rambling, On With The Show!
    Attached Images Attached Images I Have STARTED!  LOL!  ;D-dscf0021-jpg I Have STARTED!  LOL!  ;D-dscf0024-jpg I Have STARTED!  LOL!  ;D-dscf0025-jpg 

16. Likes amanda, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the ribbon piece. The shawl would work with browns and greens maybe a blue. I think I would do rows of each color.

18. Likes amanda liked this post