Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  37
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful colors! It will "go" with anything and everything and look great.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a lot of that ribbon yarn and I didn't know you could use it in a scarf the only thing I have done is a necklace. I would love to have the pattern. Here is a picture of the necklace that I made. I couldn't find the picture of it so I'll go thru my computer pictures and edit the post when I find it.

3. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful work! Thank you for sharing!

5. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a skein of that ribbon yarn, made the necklace thats supposed to be so popular, I wasn't happy with it. I love the look of the scarf that you are making!! Guess I'll give up on the necklaces and do the scarves. Thank you so much. Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    Twinfaye, I should've read all the replies before I posted anything because I would really love to see your necklace that you made. I found a pattern online but just wasn't happy with the way it turned out. Mine was mostly chain sts and a bead in-between. Maybe I just didn't find the right pattern. I heard they were big sellers at the craft shows and people were having trouble finding the yarn, all of a sudden, before Christmas there was a lot of it at JoAnns. My problem is I don't know what their supposed to look like, never seen one before, not close up to be able to really make out how it looks.Oh well, I'll keep trying. Would still love to see yours though. Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    I Have STARTED!  LOL!  ;D-img_0359-jpg This is the way the ones I made look. It is called a cowl necklace

9. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    I Have STARTED!  LOL!  ;D-img_0359-jpg This is the way the ones I made look. It is called a cowl necklace
    FAye your necklaces are really pretty and I have never seen them either. Made with a type of ribbon?
    Hey , guess what!!! The little meeting I go to once a month.... Me and 2 other girls are hostesses and I ..ME!!..... am supposed to be the speaker...ha!... the speaker!!!!? Well we aren't hiring a speaker like some of the others have done. My friend looked at me and said YOU can be our "speaker" next month... Yeah I guess I am going to be the ONE ... not a speaker tho. I will read them my funny letter about backing into the fence and that should take about 3 minutes and I am done "speaking"!
    Then I am going to have some of my different crafts on display! That is what my 2 ladies working with me want me to do! I think I will put a photo album together and put it on the table so they can look at that too. I will have afghans, quilts, bedspreads, plastic canvas projects, painted rocks, paintings some of my art work, ... you name it I will have it there. My little painted wooden jewelry boxes and chests and my drawings (some of them). Don't you think that will be entertaining enough? Wish you could be there.
    I had told them I am not a speaker "but I can entertain you!" Then I will be done for the year! Then I will have to haul all that stuff back home! All 3 of us will take a dessert to the meeting. Everything else is supplied... eating utensils , plates and drinks...coffee, tea and lemonade.
    . We had so much fun yesterday playing Dirty Bingo...where we all bring a cheap dollar store wrapped gift or anything you want to bring and as we play we get a gift when we bingo. No one knows what is in the wrapped gifts.Then after everyone has bingod we can swap ("steal") someone elses gift and they take ours. Fun! Everyone goes home with a gift. I lost mine about 3 or 4 times and it got really funny! Seemed like everyone wanted mine! Then I ended up with a set of 4 little plastic storage boxes that I can really use. The one I lost out on was a desk set which I have enough of anyway. It really was a fun meeting. Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 01-16-2014 at 04:51 AM.

11. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    They are made with the ribbon yarn that is used for the "ladder" necklaces the ones that are simply chained in different lengths and then added together so there are several different lengths.

13. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw this today! Computer was down for a day and me! LOL! You all had me laughing so hard with your talk about rambling and all! Beautiful work LOVE the shawl as well, unique yarn! If we ever need a laugh or to ramble we know where to go! So much fun! I agree I go on about things with what I'm crocheting to my hubby and he looks at me and says "YOU DO KNOW I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT" I always tell him if he listens better he may learn how to crochet someday! LOL! 3 of my 4 sons can crochet a little, I taught them when they were real young! Everyone keep up the good work and we are all here to help you or just make you laugh! LOL! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good job, I call that the double V stitch, but it does have other names. It does make a nice scarf. You are doing a good job, keep it up.

Judi G