Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol; isn't that true....

Post Thanks / Like
    My S.A.B.L.E. [Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy] pattern stash is now in apple-pie order!
    The DD has admitted she can CROCHET and can follow a pattern if it's not too complicated. I'm so proud of her!
    AND she is graduating college in February! I'm about to bust!

To use up some of the energy this euphoria had created, this weekend, I slept until 8:30, got up and did the breakfast thing for the Big Guy and me and collected those looseleafs I've been rescuing from the trash at the job, the 3-hole punch, a box of patterns lifted off the 'Net in the basement and other places, including the dining room table, labeling/separating materials, scotch tape, and scissors and

took them up to my lair.
    At around 10:30 AM, I pulled out folders of patterns and God-only-knew-what-else from under the TV and started.

Sorting came first, into piles across the length and width of my queen-sized bed: Afghans, Bedspreads, Other Household, Techniques and Graph Paper, Sweaters, Hats, Bags, Gloves and Mittens, Miscellaneous, Books. The leaflets from pals and LYS's were put in the appropriate piles.

The Afghans got further sorted into Knitted or crochet and pieced or one-piece. The others got subdivided as well.
    Piles were now on the bed, the desk, the little stand next to the chair, and the floor. I kept going.

I punched holes and slipped papers into the looseleafs which I labeled on their spines. Dividers, either from the recycle bin at work or bought one day when I THOUGHT it was time to sort my craft stuff but didn't do it went between the sub-divisions. I was on a roll!

Around 3:00PM the Big Guy came upstairs, took a peek, and went back downstairs. He came back a while later with a plate of leftover lasagna and salad. He saw the holes that had escaped the hole punch and laughed, calling it "your confetti".

When he put down the plate of food, he accidentally? knocked the punch off its precarious perch on the one corner of the bed not covered with a pile of paper. He looked sheepish [well sorts sheepish anyway], "Oops!" came out of his mouth, and he all but RAN downstairs, laughing all the way. He called from the den, "Say 'Thank you' to the nice man for bringing your dinner and not letting you STARVE." I told him to go to blazes and thank the "nice man" for me!

I was almost finished when the Big Guy came back upstairs and asked me if I was going to work Monday morning because it was already 10 PM. I put the paperbacks I was not going to read again into the box that had held the patterns and put the looseleafs on the shelf of the bookcase in their place. I plan to donate the paperbacks to the Library at work. They have a grocery shopping cart they put books and magazines in for anyone who wants to take some to keep.

[singing} I'm a Recycler, um hmm, um hmm...

The Playstation and its CD's now rest happily on the TV stand under the monitor on their own shelf. The plastic bin holding my ndls/hooks and a little other paraphernalia sit on the shelf under them. There's even room for a notebook and the old wicker purse that holds my "knit-knacks" and the plastic pretzel container that has become my "Yarn Tamer".
    If anyone wants to come to my house and vacuum up all those holes, they are certainly welcome. I brushed up most of them, but there is a little patch of them here and there and over there and over there....

BTW, I found that I have VERY FEW duplicate patterns. The duplicates I do have are the WORKING COPIES which I used while the project was a "commuter project" and is written on, creased from being folded, maybe a bit of coffee stained, a little smudgy from falling on the bus floor, etc. When I have copied my "notes" onto the originals, the copies will go to the recycle bin.

So now, the den is a real mess because he has been making his subway platform for his trains and my workroom is pretty neat [said with very smug smile]. At least, I can find what I need when I need it.

Now, all I have to do is make myself a really nice ndl holder and a few other accessories I can "display" on my knitting stand next to me rocking chair!

Now, if I can only keep my resolution NOT TO TAKE PATTERNS OFF THE 'NET until ALL my WIPS are complete and the "Priority Projects" have been done......

Ooops! Too late! But it was such a LOVELY....... and THAT ONE........

Dsynr, Patternmaker, Stitcher, Needler, Hooker!
    There is a destiny that makes us brothers; none goes his way alone;
    All that we send into the lives of others returns again home.
    Last edited by Dsynr; 10-24-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the packing tape idea! I am always looking for that skein of yarn for a project because it sometimes takes so long to get to the end. By the time I do, I've misplaced it or used it up without realizing. I bet this really helps. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by minnie0329 View Post
    If you buy yarn for a specific project...ie an aphghan, or baby project... take ALL of the skeins... use packing tape... and tape them all together into a bundle. just make sure the tape only touches the wrappers and not the yarn...Then...I use Ziploc® Brand Flexible Totes ...I get mine at Home Depot, and put "projects" into them. They come in 2 sizes...they are NOT dust proof, or water proof... but they do stack if you have a corner. They ARE see through...good luck... we all have our own "organization" needs....Not sure if I hit mine yet

"

Post Thanks / Like
    Phew I'm not alone...teasing and lol....