Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  142
Page 7 of 12 First ... 56789 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I finally learn how to post pictures. I still have trouble with links. But, I will get that one day. I watch the tutorial, finally. Thanks to everyone pointing it out to me. Thanks everyone. I just am thankful for you all. Especially Barbara G.

2. Likes Barbara G., little drummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, I am still working on my balloons and vase. My son's wife was in had to have surgery. They ruled out cancer. Thank the Lord. So, the doctor don,t know yet what going on. She is hurting real bad. It doubles her over or makes her pass out. Please pray for her. I would appreciate it everyone. I will get it put together as soon as I can. Put a picture on here for you all. ok.Work still in progress. Sorry, everyone.

4. Likes little drummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Can use some information. I finally got my computer working again. Now I have a pattern for a little sun hat for a baby . Down here they need a hat and something to shade the eyes. The lady that designed the hat is using a thread , Aran weight cotton. The directions say a 5 mm hook, that is a H hook.
    So can someone tell me what size is Aran thread ? I would say using a H hook it is a Sport or baby yarn.She wrote that she used Paris by Drops. I want to make several for a 4mons old great granbaby. Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas transplant View Post
    Can use some information. I finally got my computer working again. Now I have a pattern for a little sun hat for a baby . Down here they need a hat and something to shade the eyes. The lady that designed the hat is using a thread , Aran weight cotton. The directions say a 5 mm hook, that is a H hook.
    So can someone tell me what size is Aran thread ? I would say using a H hook it is a Sport or baby yarn.She wrote that she used Paris by Drops. I want to make several for a 4mons old great granbaby. Margaret
    I was curious about Aran weight yarn, so I looked it up for you. Here is the definition I found. It sounds to me like it is just a little bit thicker than regular worsted weight, like Red Heart. It is not as thin as sport or baby weight yarn.

"Aran is an oddly close relative of worsted weight yarn. It's only a little bit thicker, and it has the same ply. Generally speaking, you can substitute aran weight yarn for worsted weight in nearly any pattern.
    Standard needle size is 7 (4.5mm) to 9 (5.5mm)."

PS I don't know what pattern you are using for the sun hat, but I made a couple for my granddaughters. I used Bernat cotton yarn and I think an H size hook. I decided the cotton would be best for use in the heat, rather than worsted weight acrylic. They turned out really cute. Here is the pattern I used if you would like to look at it:

Crochet Summer Sun Hat – Free Patterns for a Baby and Toddler
    Last edited by buggainok; 08-12-2013 at 09:57 PM.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, I didn't us Aran weight yarn. I just ust used Red heart. When I put the name of the yarn in that is what came up. I don't know why. I couldn't take it back off. This is the first time that I ever put anything on here. So, I didn't know that it would show up. Those hats are Giddy Up & Go Hats Cowgirl hats. Sorry that I didn't put details on the pictures. I really didn't know how. The hat I made was made with 2 different skeins of yarn. I put 2 together.Brown,Egg Shell on one, Blue,White on the other. I got the patterns off of Crochetville. I use a J hook. The hats I made comes in kids size. I am not sure baby size. But I am sure you can alter them to make it a baby size. You would have to look it up. ok I am happy you got your computer up and working again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbara G: For some reason I can't get my pics to load. I have 9 in the previous uploaded part and when I go to upload another pic from the computer, it just runs and runs and does not download. Can you delete the pics in the upload section? I can load them into email so there is something I am not doing right! Thanks for your help. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili View Post
    Barbara G: For some reason I can't get my pics to load. I have 9 in the previous uploaded part and when I go to upload another pic from the computer, it just runs and runs and does not download. Can you delete the pics in the upload section? I can load them into email so there is something I am not doing right! Thanks for your help. Shirley
    The photos actually stay in the uploaded section on the site. I would suggest restarting your computer to see if this helps. Before you restart, you might want to clear your computer history from time to time. This can also help you sometimes when the computer is not "speaking clearly to the site." Please let us know if you need more assistance. I will be glad to help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbara G: Thank you so much. I will try clearing the history and restarting. Have a good day! Shirley

11. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

picture

Hi:

I am sending a picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images Posting Pictures - Please Read (Helping Others)-christening-gown-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Buggainok,I looked up the pattern you used. It is great for what I am looking for. I also had the one with the big loopy brim but I don't think her Mama would go for it. I went down this afternoon and got some of Hobby Lobby's cotton yarn and I am going to try that .
    the problem with finding hats for her is she is four mons old and newborn clothes are still a little big. That is why I thought I would try to crochet them.