Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure what you mean....if you are left handed and twist it like a right handed person I guess it should be ok if you do so all the time; also you chain tension for your turn chain would have a twist in the first chain no? Eh as long as one does it consistanly I don't see a problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon, we are proud of you too. Ladies you should look at Landon's blog. She has written out all the steps for a beginner crocheter in pictures and text. It is a wonderful step by step article. Check it out and see if you don't think she is doing a great job. Way to go girl!! Proud of you!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much!! I am BEAMING!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh the dreaded first attempts. Mine was a ripple stitch using hdc, I had only one quick instruction from a lady who moved out of the area and I had no way of getting up with her. Sooooo, my first ripple baby afghan turned out to be a huge fan shape.

Funny now, but I couldn't even guess how many times I ripped it out.

One trick I have learned when doing DC, I only chain up 2 rather then 3 because it closes in the end of the row. Just have to be sure they are loose chains. Makes the edges nicer to me.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Believe me, I can imagine! Or I can take a picture of some of my early attempts.........I was not only turning incorrectly, I was struggling with the whole turning chain concept. I learned to crochet from a kit from Walmart. I thought I just needed to practise more. It finally dawned on me to look up video tutorials on You Tube, that maybe it was my technique that needed help. I was getting so frustrated, I stopped crocheting several times.

Attachment 1252

I am very proud of myself! I stuck to it and am happily crocheting now.

5. Likes Val, Landon, Lynn E liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a lunatic, Lynn E. You just think out of the box....

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I'm with the others on this. Consistency is the key. For the record, I am right-handed and always turn to the left, like turning a book page too. That's a great visual aid, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Theresa, that's a great way to remember which way to turn. I turn the opposite way, probably because I didn't and still don't like to flip large pieces around. Now it's an ingrained habit so at least I'm consistent...

Post Thanks / Like
    No, Lynn, you are a crafter/crocheter. They LOOK the same; but they ARE different! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Dsynr Yep, so far out of the box I sometimes lose sight of it for a bit. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Is being a "crafter/crocheter" a good thing or a bad thing?

Well, yes, they do look the same. And, yes, they are different by at least one stitch at the end of each row. Overall (or should that be 'over all'? Whatever! ) the edges look good to me.