Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  28
Page 3 of 11 First 12345 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    the spiderman afghan look great now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, what did you do? I want to make this and my need inside information. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    well Ladies I have frogged this thing 4 times. I went up a size hook, loosened my tension to almost none and the darn thing still wants to curl up, not as bad as before. I wonder if as it gets larger will the weight pull it down? What more can I do? I AM FRUSTRATED! I am keeping on and pulling out row after row. UGH!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it might. I made a circle afghan & it did the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have made a few round and star afgan and it will straghted its self out just don't forget to add at the points and not to tight.
    Good stiching
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I relooked at the pattern and it said that I would need to add stitches as needed. If this doesn't work I am going to ask Landon to make it!! Just kidding Landon lol

7. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Twinfaye, foor as tight as it looks, I would go up 2 hook sizes and start from the beginning. I know that is a hard thing to do, but you could also tear out to the red circle and then use a bigger hook and if it still binds up, you're probably using a bad pattern and need to add stitches. That's my ideas. Hope something sounds right to you. It does look cool though. Where did you get that pattern? There are free ones for the same on lline and I'll look for it if you like. Just let me know. Enjoy!!!!and Have Fun Crocheting!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a small book on how to crochet and it tells how to make a round item lay flat. Years ago my aunt taught me to add 6 stitches per round with single crochet. The book says to add 8 stitches per round with double crochet. This works whether you are making a 6 inch doily or a 9 foot round rug!

I count my beginning stitches making sure they are divisible by 6. Put a marker at each point and make an increase at each marker. This will make a nice hexagon. If you want a nice circle, just make sure you add the stitch staggered somewhere between the markers.

Your pattern should tell you when to add the stitches. Make sure you don't skip any. Hope this helps you. Telling you to add stitches as needed doesn't help if you don't see the need to add stitches until too late!
    Last edited by Carrie; 09-18-2012 at 03:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I am going to keep trying and I didn't think about another pattern. Beatrice did you find another pattern? I would like to look at one.

Post Thanks / Like

Spiderman Pattern

I will look for the pattern today and ship you the info asap.
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Well, I am going to keep trying and I didn't think about another pattern. Beatrice did you find another pattern? I would like to look at one.