Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Thread: Help please

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! I LOVE UR REPLY!!!! ROTFL myself!! Know what I use? I use those little baby hair clip thingys "they are diff shapes and colors. Like flowers and U squeeze them and they fit right onto the crochet stitch that I want to stop at. I count to the stitch I need to stop at, place the little clip on and then, I count back towards and to my starting stitch. (Double Counted Protection!! LOL!) Then I crochet to my lil clip and do the same thing on the next row/round per pattern instructions. The best thing about them is they Stay where U put them and they do not get in the way And they are Cheap to buy! Just a thought...hope it helps. I also LOVE TO BUY YARN! I Always want All Of Them! My Hubby HATES for me to go into ANY store that sells yarn. (I would rather he was not with me then either! LOL!) I give him the Puppy Dog Eyes Look, LOL, snort, snort. He just rolls his eyes, nods his head and walks away. I sectretly let out a little squeal of Pure Joy, and start grabbin yarn!!! Let me know what U figure out that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crochetgal View Post
    Congrats on the upcoming grandbaby!

I've found that when I have to make two identical anythings, that I work on them both at the same time, working a bit on the one and then a bit on the other. That way, my tension is the same on both.

Maybe you might want to try that? For try as I do, I can never get two mittens, socks or anything else to match by doing it any other way.
    Absolutely brilliant idea to work on left and right booties at the same time! I will put that in my crochet arsenal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Graammiepamie, quit gritting those teeth. Crocheting is supposed to be fun honey, not work. Relax first, grab a cup of java or your fav beverage, get relaxed in your chair, take a big breath in hold it for 5 and then let it out to a count of 8 and then start crocheting. Enjoyment is what you're looking for!!! Betty and welcome and congrats on the newest family member!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by grammiepamie View Post
    Thank you all ladies so much for the advice. I think you are all right. I am making a new one and I also find that I tendency to grit my teeth as I am working. Odd I never noticed that before. strange. Will let you know how the second pair comes out.