Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all your help and Tracie Kae that was generous offer but Lion Brand Yarn had a 20% off sale and I went ahead and bought the yarn winder and swift for $80 plus shipping. I will let everyone know how easy they are to use when I get them. I had so much info that I feel real good about my decision. Thanks so much!

Post Thanks / Like
    i bought a manual one on ebay http://www.ebay.ca/itm/270953986632?...84.m1439.l2649
    sometime I just use a turkey baster
    You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.- Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    I had forgotten about this thread. I returned the items to Lion brand and bought them through Ebay. The swift and the ball winder didn't cost $50 together on Ebay. Did have to wait a long time but the savings were good.

Post Thanks / Like
    My two cents worth....I have been crocheting for over 50 years and have never bothered to wind yarn and always worked form the skein. Just pull BOTH ends of the yarn out of the skein from opposing ends of the skein and wrap one around the outside of the skein and use the other end to crochet or knit with. I have yet to have any major knots from any skein in over 50 years. Perhaps I have just been lucky.
    John Grey
    Bullhead City, AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Boye Electric which I like to use if I have many skeins to wind. I have an old manual ball winder purchased many years ago from LeeWards. I like the Boye when my arm and shoulder are acting up. I do think the motor is too low in power for large skeins and thick yarn.