Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  7

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    It's fun reading about hooks - one of my favourite topics.

Re pointed vs rounded tips on hooks: If you want really, really pointed, there is the Kollage brand. I have one. I bought it even though the square handle is not right for me (so I had to place a thick Bates grip on it. You can't win when you're a pencil-grip type.)

The Kollage gives you the option of a pointy or a rounded tip.

Susan Bates have nice hooks, the business end I mean - but, yes, I agree with those of you who say the shaft part between the tip and the thumb rest is too short.

I have an oldish Aero Boye style hook. It lurches from wide to really thin at the end. I've never seen such an extreme change in width in any hook. Are all Boye types like that, or just the Aero brand.

Kollage Square Crochet Hooks- Made in North America

I think I will start saving up for a Furls.

2. Likes spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I never noticed that the Susan Bates hooks were short. I have small hands so that may be why. Also,that may be the reason I like them so much. Less awkward and easier to control. Whatever works! imalefty

4. Thanks MeToo! thanked for this post
    Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi MeToo, That Kollage hook has a funky lookinng handle I don't think I would be comfortable using that. My Aero hooks came from England. I have never seen any here is the states. Is Aero and Boye manufacture by the same maker of both hooks?
    Just wondering.....
    Spoula