Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and we help each other with problems just like yours. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm really glad you figured it out. So many times, people forget to give all the details, thinking that other people will automatically figure it out. I think i should have gone further and said: for the 3rd round, you would stitch in the 1st two stitches, then double stitch in the next, and continue in that same pattern all the way around; for the 4th round, you would stitch in the 1st three stitches, then double stitch in the next; etc. I hope that made it clearer to other people other than Landon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me see if I can explain it in a way that you can understand. For instance, if you do 6 sc in the circle, then you should do 2 sc's in each of the 6, making 12 in the 2nd row; for the 3rd row, you should sc in the 1st stitch and do 2 sc's in the 2nd sc, making 18 in the 3rd row; for the 4th row, you should sc in each of the 1st two sc's and do 2 sc's in the 3rd sc, making 24 sc in the 4th row, etc. Can you see that each row is a multiple of 6? That's the way it should be however many stitches you start with; i.e., if you start with 12 stitches to begin with, the 2nd row would be 24, the 3rd row would be 36, etc., each being a multiple of 12. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm 90 years old and while I was still in grade school, my aunt taught me how to make a circle lay flat. The rule is to add 6 stitches to each round. If you put the 6 stitches equally spaced around, you will end up with a hexagon. If you stagger the additional stitches, it will be round. It doesn't matter if you are making a six inch doily or a six foot rug. This works with single crochet. I'm not sure about other stitches.