Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  7

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Question on 100% thread or yarn

Does anyone on this forum know if this could be used for a toddler dress. Or if you have used this product does it work up soft?

Question on 100% thread or yarn

I saw some 100% cotton Yarn or thread not sure which it was at Walmart. It was a lot of thread on one of those cone things where the bottom is round and as the yarn winds up it becomes smaller like an ice cream cone. The color was white and light green. I liked the color but the yarn or thread felt a little rough but flexible and a little stronger than #5 thread and more rough then yarn.

I have an idea for a toddler dress I want to make it is all chevron stitches and I thought that the white and light green would look good with the Chevron stitch. I would not like to buy this yarn and make the dress only to find out it would feel like a small rope. I don't know if it could be used for a dress or not. However saying that I have seen some Spanish videos with the ladies using this thread only theirs looked soft.

If anyone on here has used this kind of thread before and it works up soft please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
    Spoula

Last edited by spoula; 07-12-2019 at 10:20 AM. Reason: spacing