Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Starting Over

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartori View Post
    Did figure that out just by looking at it, Jean Marie?
    Yes, I did not know how many times you could tear (frog?) rows apart and not ruin your yarn! I think my first topic on this hat I had gotten to the brim so I frogged it to pieces. Then, I couldn't get past row 2 for the longest time. It accidentally looked passable and I think I figured out why. Let me know what you think. I did my own version of the pattern.

Starting Over-2019-april-12_my-version-newsboy-hat-jpg

Starting Over-row-27_2-jpg

I'm still learning, how can I delete the attached image. Also I save my password but have to request a new one every time I sign in?
    Attached Images Attached Images Starting Over-2019-april-12_my-version-newsboy-hat-jpg 
    Last edited by Lucie; 04-12-2019 at 08:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Sartori, I figured that out by looking at the pattern and the picture of what it's supposed to look like and writing and drawing on paper. I did crochet a little bit on the pattern.

Lucie, on the picture above do you have 4 or 5 thick rows? Are you at the end of row 25? On the picture above it looks like after you did 15 rows that you did a ss row. Am I right? or are you at the end of row 27?

According to the pattern you posted on the other post row 25 doesn't say to ch 1. According to the pattern, at the end of row 25 you have 4 thick rows.

Lucie, you can't delete the attached image. You would have to ask Barbara G. if you want it deleted. You can private message her if you want. You would have to ask Barbara G. about your password.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi,
    Sartori, I figured that out by looking at the pattern and the picture of what it's supposed to look like and writing and drawing on paper. I did crochet a little bit on the pattern.

Lucie, on the picture above do you have 4 or 5 thick rows? Are you at the end of row 25? On the picture above it looks like after you did 15 rows that you did a ss row. Am I right? or are you at the end of row 27?

According to the pattern you posted on the other post row 25 doesn't say to ch 1. According to the pattern, at the end of row 25 you have 4 thick rows.

Lucie, you can't delete the attached image. You would have to ask Barbara G. if you want it deleted. You can private message her if you want. You would have to ask Barbara G. about your password.
    Thanks Jean Marie, I will email Barbara G, I just don't want to confuse anyone will all my back and forth. I am not sure about how many rows, not great at counting rows yet. But the directions said 8 - 16 or until hat measures 5". The original pattern did not say ch 1 at the end of 25 but I didn't know if it was forgotten. I do have 5 thick rows and will probably be back pestering when I get around to doing the rim. You gave me some help with that early on and I will have to find that post. Thanks again for all your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie,
    Your Welcome. When you got done w/rows 8-16 or when hat measured 5 inches it looks like you did a row of ss. After rows 8-16 or after the hat is 5 inches it doesn't say to do a ss row. Just before row 25 it says that skipping the ch 1 helps to create a rounder edge. Row 24 says Don't chain 1. So don't chain 1 at the end of row 25. They remind you again in row 26 not to chain 1.

Row 19 - 1st thick row
    Row 21 - 2nd thick row
    Row 23 - 3rd thick row
    Row 25 - 4th thick row
    Row 27 - 5th thick row

Rows 20, 22, 24 and 26 are ss rows. On row 28 you ss down the side of the brim.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 04-12-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, love your name. I see what you mean about rounder edge and fixed it. I am now at the end of row 27 but I don't know where to insert my hook to go down the brim (row 28_second image below)?

Starting Over-row-27_3-jpg

I see what looks to be 4 stitches along the side?

Starting Over-row-27_3-jpg

Updated my version instructions:

Starting Over-2019-april-12_my-version-newsboy-hat-jpg
    Last edited by Lucie; 04-13-2019 at 06:49 AM.

6. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie,
    I was named Marie (my middle name) after my Grandma.

The stitch next to where you got to the end of the row, just before the red arrows, that's on an angle or the curved part, on the bottom right side of the picture above is part of the side of the brim. So you would have 5 stitches, not 4 stitches.

Take Care, Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie,
    I was named Marie (my middle name) after my Grandma.

The stitch next to where you got to the end of the row, just before the red arrows, that's on an angle or the curved part, on the bottom right side of the picture above is part of the side of the brim. So you would have 5 stitches, not 4 stitches.

Take Care, Jean Marie
    Thanks, Oooos, I did one more slip stitch than shown in the image.

Starting Over-002-jpg
    Last edited by Lucie; 04-13-2019 at 09:33 AM.

9. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    Thanks, Oooos, I did one more slip stitch than shown in the image.

Starting Over-002-jpg
    So you went to the bottom or base of the hat? So you have 5 ss ?

Post Thanks / Like
    So you went to the bottom or base of the hat? So you have 5 ss ?
    Yes, I just finished the hat. Wow, couldn't have done it without your help. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Starting Over-front-view-jpg

Starting Over-view-jpg

Hopefully I will make it to the senior center this week, they like items to donate to various charities. I want to try another one, I am sure it will go faster and I have lots on newbies coming along!
    Last edited by Lucie; 04-13-2019 at 10:30 AM.

12. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I'm glad I could help. The hat looks nice Lucie.