Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you give me some suggestions?

Hi, Do you have any suggestions on what color the rest of the dress should be?
    Can you give me some suggestions?-001-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    No-one has any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie,
    Is this the dress pattern you posted awhile back and you were trying to figure out how to do it as you are only working from a picture and do not have a pattern?
    Is the blue and yellow the bodice of the dress and you are only needing to finish the skirt? What color yarn do you have the most of that matches your current colors?
    Maybe you need to tie back in the pink.

You use a lot of different colors in your items (sailor dress for example) I would never have thought to use so many colors and look how good that turned out. I think you already have a color in your mind and want to see if we of the boring plain color items are thinking outside the box. Ha

I think which ever color you choose it will turn out nicely.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Spoula. Hi; Yes, that is the dress I'm trying to do with only a picture because I don't have a pattern. Yes, it's the skirt part of the dress and the back and sides of the dress.

Spoula, I have greens, browns, maroon, orange, black, white, bright yellow, dark blue, pink, dark gray, some light gray, light blue, light green, a little bit of red, some off white, a dark pink. No, I didn't have a color in mind but maybe I'll go with dark blue cause I have a lot of that. I have quite a bit of the bright yellow too. Although I want to get another pink at the store for the ruffle on the doll dress cause the pink I have in that color that's on the dress I only have a little bit left of, not enough to do even one round. The other pink I have is the dark pink (peony pink, it looks like a rose pink) and I have a light pink like I have on the dress.

I'm only going to do one more rnd of the ruffle in pink. The ruffle is 6 rnds. I did rnd 1 of the ruffle in pink and the next 2 rnds in red and I want to do the next one in pink and then the last 2 in red but I only have enough red left for maybe one rnd and a little bit left - probably not enough for another rnd. Unless the 4th rnd on the ruffle for the doll dress is black and then 1 rnd of red and another rnd in black. I have 2 shades of black yarn.

The dark blue yarn I have is a 'craft smart value' brand so it has a different feel to it than a 'Bernat' brand yarn.

I've been working on a order for a crocheted football hat XXL. She says the hats in the store are too tight for her husband. She wants it like the reindeer hat. So I did a flat circle - 2 chains, 6 sc's in 2nd ch from hook, join and ch 1 and 2 sc's in ea st around (12 sc's) always joining and chaining 1, starting on the 3rd rnd - 1 sc and 2 sc's in the next. next rnd. - 2 sc's and 2 sc's in next st. next rnd.- 3 sc's and 2 sc's in next rnd and keep going up one number. The next rnd is 4 sc's and 2 sc's in the next st and so on. I did up to 22 sc's and 2 sc's in the next one and repeat around. Good thing I ended up with a even number (22) cause the sides are 1 dc, 1 sc, 1 dc, 1 sc, etc. Anyways I'm ready to do earflaps if that's what she still wants. That's how far I am.

Also I'm doing a reindeer hat for my Dad for his birthday in Feb. I already had it started and had made it into a basket so I just continued on and I have that one up to where I would start the earflaps.

I hope this isn't too long!
    Take Care! Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, I like the idea of finishing the skirt part with the dark blue and maybe some yellow since you have those colors that would look ice. I only mentioned the pink because you only had the sleeves done in that color and it would have looked nice if you could tie that color back somehow. I would go with the blue and yellow right now.

I would like to see it when you finish it.

Also looks like your reindeer hats are a hit with everyone. I saw your picture with one of your hats during the holidays and looks like you were out in the snow. Good thing you had that hat on to keep your head warm.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hi Jean Marie, I like the idea of finishing the skirt part with the dark blue and maybe some yellow since you have those colors that would look ice. I only mentioned the pink because you only had the sleeves done in that color and it would have looked nice if you could tie that color back somehow. I would go with the blue and yellow right now.

I would like to see it when you finish it.

Also looks like your reindeer hats are a hit with everyone. I saw your picture with one of your hats during the holidays and looks like you were out in the snow. Good thing you had that hat on to keep your head warm.
    Spoula
    Hi Spoula,
    It was for my sister for Christmas. Do you think black or gray or even yellow or dark or light blue or maybe light green would look good on the ruffle of the doll dress. The dress is pink on the top and the skirt part of the dress is red. Then I have one rnd of pink (the same dark pink that's in the picture above) and 2 rnds of red. I need to do 3 more rnds. for the ruffle. on the doll dress.

Not sure if I'll put yellow in the dress (above picture).

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, I didn't see a picture of a doll dress on your post just the unfinished dress in blue, yellow and pink.

Was there another post you did with the doll dress? I am sorry if I missed it or any questions to me. I have been off line for 5 weeks visiting family. Since I got back on line I don't remember seeing your post of the doll dress.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    That's because I didn't post it yet. I haven't finished the doll dress. The pattern is https://www.abc-knitting-patterns.com/1502.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, That is a cute pattern. In the picture the ruffle is all one color. I would also do the ruffle in one color so as not to take away from the finished look.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    I started the ruffle in dark pink, the same pink color that I did the top of the dress in and I only have a little bit of that dark pink left. I do have a lighter pink but I don't know if that would work. I left the one rnd of pink that I crocheted and went ahead and did 2 more rnds but in red. My neighbor said that she thought I could do another rnd of red. That would be 4 rnds. total. I only have enough red left to finish the 3rd rnd and maybe do 1 more rnd.