Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet Projects: What are you working on for November?

Hello members,

We would love to know what you are working on for the month of November for your crochet projects! So, what are you working on?

And, are you doing any Christmas crochet items?

Looking forward to hearing about what you are working on!

Post Thanks / Like
    i am not making anything specific for the holidays (that i am aware of yet!) but am continuing my projects from the year.

3. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I have mentioned this before that I knitted this tote back in the summer but never attached the handles nor had I made the lining for the interior yet. I picked it up again yesterday and cut out the lining and sewed up the seams by hand. Now I need to put it in the tote and attach the lining to the knit tote. I started to make a pocket for small objects so as not to dump everything in the bottom where you have to dig for you keys or smaller objects such as lipstick. I got a phone call that lasted awhile and lost interest in finishing the tote. I will work on it another day. Might take me all of November to finish it as I keep getting sidelined.
    Here is a picture of the tote I knitted. Not mine but the picture on the pattern. I wanted to see if I could do it. Learned to knit watching you tube videos.

Picture of tote knitted swirl stripe mosaic.pdf

Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 11-08-2018 at 03:56 PM. Reason: spelling

5. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Likes ramblyambly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hi, I have mentioned this before that I knitted this tote back in the summer but never attached the handles nor had I made the lining for the interior yet. I picked it up again yesterday and cut out the lining and sewed up the seams by hand. Now I need to put it in the tote and attach the lining to the knit tote. I started to make a pocket for small objects so as not to dump everything in the bottom where you have to dig for you keys or smaller objects such as lipstick. I got a phone call that lasted awhile and lost interest in finishing the tote. I will work on it another day. Might take me all of November to finish it as I keep getting sidelined.
    Here is a picture of the tote I knitted. Not mine but the picture on the pattern. I wanted to see if I could do it. Learned to knit watching you tube videos.

Picture of tote knitted swirl stripe mosaic.pdf

Spoula
    Dear Spoula,

Wow!!! That bag is really detailed. Pretty tho!!

Myra

7. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heidi89 View Post
    Dear Spoula,

Wow!!! That bag is really detailed. Pretty tho!!

Myra
    Hello Heidi89, It was easier then I thought it would be. I think the changing of colors helped to keep my place and know what row I am on.

I finished sewing on the other handle and put the lining inside. It is finally finished.
    Oh No!, I just looked at the picture I posted of the tote and saw where I sewed my handles on the sides the picture showed they were more in the middle no wonder my tote sags a little. I guess I am not through yet after all. I will have to rip it out and resew the handles and part of the lining. Some day I will get it finished.

Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 11-15-2018 at 11:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm finishing up the towel toppers for my sister. I do have some snowmen done and I sold 2 snowmen(my brother bought 1 of the snowmen) and a reindeer hat at the craft show at my sister's church. Nothing else sold. The reindeer hat I sold for 6 dollars. The lady who bought it for her niece thought I should've charged more for all the work I put into it. My husband Mark thought I should've sold it for 8 dollars. Someone showed me on her cell phone that those reindeer hats were selling for $22 and I could probably sell them for $33. There was more people that would've bought a reindeer hat if I had more including my sister but I only had 1 reindeer hat. So I am starting to make some pieces for the hat. I have a few inner ears crocheted for it so far. But if I have a craft show again I wouldn't sell them for 22 or 33 dollars. The reindeer hat has ear flaps and the outer and inner crocheted ears and the antlers and the muzzle and nose.

10. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, Did you take your little sailor dress you made to be sold? I have seen on Etsy and other sites where some baby dresses that are crocheted sell anywhere from $40.00 to $80.00 depending on how elaborate they are.

If you sell your items you need to take into account your time in addition to the price of the yarn and pattern. I would think.

You better get started on some more hats looked like they were a big hit.

Spoula

12. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I did take the sailor's dress to the craft show.

14. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    But if I have a craft show again I wouldn't sell them for 22 or 33 dollars.
    Fourteen dollars!

16. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie do you have a pattern for the towel toppers you are making....I can't seem to find a pattern that I like.

I have been working on Christmas gifts for charity and people that live alone in my area......

18. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post