Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Post Thanks / Like

I am mad at me! The first bootie is done (earlier post); I am on bootie's mate...

After nineteen trys, at least, I was about to finish the second baby bootie from h*ll...I had to go back a row and now I don't know what row I was on. Oh, and I realized the decrease was in sc not hdc (which I think I did on first bootie). And on the bottom of the bootie I am working on now, there is a little knot near the opening on the bottom, near the front of the bootie. And, I doubt of the sizes will ever match at this point. Oh well, one two year old won't notice!

How do I count the rows?
    Last edited by Barbara G.; 12-15-2018 at 01:13 PM. Reason: ****censorship

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie,
    I'm not sure if you know this but a hdc is putting the yarn over the hook and putting the hook in the stitch and pulling the hook through the stitch so you have 3 loops on the hook. A sc decrease is putting the hook in the next stitch and pulling the yarn through(2 loops on hook) and then put your hook in the next stitch and pull yarn through (3 loops on hook) and pull yarn through all 3 loops. So a sc decrease is going in 2 sts. A hdc is going in 1 stitch.

3. Likes karenlatlas, Teri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean and thanks. This pattern is a UK where a dc is a sc in English. I think I pulled out row 8 but I am not sure.

hook grab the yarn pull it through
    19:06
    you'll have two loops on the hook rather
    19:08
    than finishing this off we're going to
    19:10
    insert the hook grab the yarn pull it
    19:13
    through you'll have three loops on the
    19:15
    hook and then you grab the yarn pull
    19:17
    through all three loops on the hook

5. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lucie, you have a heck of a lot more patience than me! My first baby booties didn't come out exactly the same, and they were so much more difficult than I would have ever thought. I truly have tremendous appreciation for booties now! But if I were you, I would have given up and tried a new bootie pattern by now. Sometimes you just have to move on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie, Thank you so much for these videos. Even after crocheting for 50 years, they were very helpful in easily counting rows. The "10 tips" had some really neat ideas, especially the colander idea for keeping the yarn contained. I will now be looking for a cute colander at the flea market or rummage sales.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your Welcome Sue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova55 View Post
    Lucie, you have a heck of a lot more patience than me! My first baby booties didn't come out exactly the same, and they were so much more difficult than I would have ever thought. I truly have tremendous appreciation for booties now! But if I were you, I would have given up and tried a new bootie pattern by now. Sometimes you just have to move on.
    Too funny! I started out with a bootie pattern that used different acronyms for stitches (UK). After much frustration, I moved on to another pattern (my bootie buddies). While working on the new pattern, off and on, I would inadvertently click on the video for the first pattern. It took me a bit before I realized my mistake. As you can see, I am no good at tying ribbons. These will stay in my stash and I will try another pattern (without ribbons).
    I am mad at me! The first bootie is done (earlier post); I am on bootie's mate...-30-december-2018_my-booties-hell-jpg

10. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The ribbon looks fine to me.

12. Likes Teri liked this post