Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Mix, I have also tried to crochet with the fun fur to add bling to my hats. Couldn't find half the stitches. What I do is crochet my hat and then I get creative. Most time I just crochet in between the rows. I have lots of fur colors and like the fact that I have the color yarn of my choice plus i can add bling where I want it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you mean "crochet between the rows" of the finished hat?

The Mexicana fun fur fringe is so long that it's gets caught by the stitches.

I think I'll try to "comb" it out of a practice swatch. But it will have to wait as I pulled a neck/shoulder muscle and won't be crocheting for a few days.

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel your pain! Mixpixlix My carpal tunnel is better, do I dare try to crochet???

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried Vitamin B therapy for your carpal tunnel? It's very effective and involves several of the B vitamins. You might want to Google it and see if it could help. Made a world of different for a friend of mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Twinfaye, do not be in a rush to go back to crochet as usual. The pain may return with a vengence before you know it. Consider acquiring a cushion for your needles that reduces your grip and the strain as well. I understand they are available today. Years ago a friend of mine took a very small drill bit and made a tiny hole in a fat tube of rubber. I jammed my needle in that tiny hole. Now I had a "fat" needle and it reduced my need to grip so tightly (squeeze into a fist). Helped a lot. I also limited my work to yarns that produced less friction and resistance for a while to allow more healing. Remember to apply this logic in EVERYTHING you do until wrist is healed better. It will never go back to what it was originally.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have considered using those needles and I'll follow your advise. I have a hand brace that I try to sleep in and use as much as possible during the day but to be honest it gets in the way so much that I haven't used it much during the day. I have to go back to the DR in 2 weeks so I hope it is well and it all ends there. If not I have to have an EMG and they are not fun. Then possibly surgery. YUCK!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Im so sorry for your pain. I have pain in both thumbs. Im so scared to have anything done. My friend had the surgery and is ok not at all what she wanted. Of course we all want hands of a child again. I have found a cream at the vitamin shope that helps alot on pain anywere
    I also found it at GNC a little more expensive its called "traumeel" its not greasy I can use it and work with my yarn or what ever. Sometimes I think just a warm rub helps alot. LOL I hope you feel well soon.
    Good stiches
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    So nice of ya'll to give me advise. I live in a very rural area in TN, no GNC. Thanks for all the concern I feel like I have some new friends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Carpal tunnel--I will tell you from personal experience that delaying the inevitable is unwise. To check how far the damage has already gone, put your focus on the fat mound that lies at the bottom of your inner palm and next to your thumb. If it is no longer a nice round pillow you have irreversible damage. I lived with mine for over 30 yrs and I wish I hadn't. One of the many ways I continued to aggravate this condition was hand-milking my dairy goat herd. One wrist is flat and the other is indented. That one has lost 40% of usefulness by the Dr's tests. We tend to grasp most things with too much pressure doing unnecessary harm--so grasp with only as much as is truly needed and you will be better off. I got a break because milking allowed my blood vessels to reroute around the problem. This is a rarity and my Dr had never seen such a thing before. Without that I probably would not be crocheting today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mix, yes, I just pick the row I want to add to, then sc. Try to get u pix of hat I finished yesterday.[ATTACH][ATTACH]Fun Fur not Fun ...HELP!!!-dsc00139-jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images Fun Fur not Fun ...HELP!!!-dsc00138-jpg Fun Fur not Fun ...HELP!!!-dsc00137-jpg