Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone would like to see some of her scarves she has a shop on etsy under the name "geminystarr." She also makes little pouches from the fun fur that can be used for any number of things.

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to hear how to crochet with all this "fun" fur! I can't see the stitches to put the hook in. I have eyelash yarn and I love the look but I just can't see the chains or the single crochets. My sister has knitted many things with it but I don't like knitting like I do crocheting. Is their a trick to see it. The best tip I have seen is to use it with another yarn but for some things that would be very bulky.

Post Thanks / Like
    Between responses here and on another site it seem fun fur and other speciality yarns are more suited to knitting than crocheting.

One thing I know is that you have to "see" with your fingers! Feel the structure of the stitch to know where the opening is. However, in my case, though I could crochet a second row it was AWFUL as the fringe was half in the front, half in the back and stuck out as it there was an electric current running through it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that is what it is supposed to do as the scarves my daughter makes have the fur on both sides so it looks fluffy. She just made a scarf w/ alternating sections of fun fur and 4 ply. Came out cute. She made me 2 scarves at Xmas made completely of her odds and ends of fun fur, ribbon, eyelash and mohair yarns. One is shades of purple and the other is shades of pink. Wish I could take pics and post. They are really pretty and I got so many compliments on them. She goes by feel w/ her fingers when using these yarns.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have crocheted and knit chemo hats for charity. I quit counting at 600.
    I crocheted with regular yarn and knitted with the fun fur. I had problems
    trying to crochet with fun fur so gave it up.
    I feel so bad now that my hands make it so I can't do any crochet or
    knitting.
    Vinigar is a very good softener.

hokeyman

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used fun fur, but I always use it along with the yarn I am using. Seems to make the transition easier. Annalia

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so happy that it is not just me that can't crochet with this fur. I will try it with another yarn but if that doesn't work I'm thinking that I will give up on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    """"I just tried to add a row of Lion Brand Fun Fur to a hat I'm crocheting. What a mess. I changed to a larger hook and was able to crochet a row with the fur...BUT when I tried to switch back to the regular yarn it was awful!!! """"

I've found that, when working with fun fur (or any other really fuzzy yarn) that it helps to FEEL the stitches being worked into rather than try to see them.

If you are having problems finding the stitches, I'd suggest that when you are working with the fun fur that you put a safety pin in the top of each stitch that you make as you make them. Then when it comes to the next row, you can see exactly where your stitch needs to be placed.

Once you've done that for a few rows, you will find that its much easier to work with.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    It was a larger problem than finding the stitches. As I wrote I could "see" the stitches with my fingers but the results weren't pretty. It just looked AWFUL. A bunched up mess. I plan to try using it with the base yarn of the item and see if that smooths things out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the Fun Fur yarn on cancer survivor scarf. Continue in the pattern yarn adding a double strand of Fun Fur and crochet with the three strands for a neat item until finished with Fun Fur, just drop the Fun Fur yarn. Use Fun Fur with the longest fringe for a greater accent.