Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Clarification

Post Thanks / Like

Clarification

Hi. Question regarding drop stitch (new to me). Wat is the difference bet. Drop st in next 3 st. And 3 drop st in next sc. I understand the first part but not sure of the second part. Appreciate ur help. Tks vina

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi dvina, The difference I see would be that you do the drop stitch in the next 3 stitches (you understand that already) the next sentence says 3 drop stitches in the next sc. To me that means I would put 3 drop stitches in the same sc of the next stitch.

This gives you sort of a \l/ fan look but tighter together.
    (this drop stitch is also called a long sc stitch where you crochet in the row below).

Hope this makes sense. This is my take on the difference.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula,
    Thanks. As I understand I have to do 3 loops in the same SC. I tried it and it does not look good. I must
    be doing something wrong.. I watched some videos but did not come across one that increase from foundation sc.
    tks again
    dvina

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dvina View Post
    Spoula,
    Thanks. As I understand I have to do 3 loops in the same SC. I tried it and it does not look good. I must
    be doing something wrong.. I watched some videos but did not come across one that increase from foundation sc.
    tks again
    dvina
    Hi dvina, It might not be you. I don't really like how that stitch looks (that s just me). At least when I made it I thought it looked like I missed the correct stitch and made the stitch in the row before (which is what this stitch does). You may be doing it correctly.

I am sure you will figure it out or somebody else on this forum will have more insight to that stitch.
    Sorry I could not be of any help.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dvina View Post
    Spoula,
    tks again
    dvina
    Hi Divina,
    I would think it's 3 stitches not 3 loops in the same sc.

Post Thanks / Like
    This has a video that shows you the drop stitch which is on Google or you can click on videos to see more videos on the drop stitch. There is also an extreme drop stitch.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=drop...nt=firefox-b-1
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 08-08-2018 at 03:10 PM.

7. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, I assumed she was doing single crochets and I attached the video link below that I looked at when I was going to make a baby sweater, as I posted to Diviana I tried it but I didn't like the look of it.

She mentioned loops so your video may be what she was trying to do that looks like broomstick stitches. I may have thrown you off by posting single crochets sorry about that.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Well,the joke is on me! Here I thought the drop stitch was a new thing to me. As it happens I have been doing it for years,most recently on two mandala afghans and on my current project. I love it! Especially the long drop stitch. Like the way it adds more pizazz to an afghan. Using striping yarn makes for interesting color contrasts. Try going a bit further with your project dvina, it may appeal to you more as you complete additional rows. imalefty

10. Likes spoula liked this post