Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Wal-Mart

Post Thanks / Like
    that happened here, too. Then all of a sudden they dropped a lot of the yarn. don't know what their idea is, but they will lose customers that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE.......Just got back from local WalMart and the yarn is BACK!!!!! Hooray!!!!!! Needles, hooks, looms and a fairly decent selection of yarns.....colorwise, not brand wise. Makes me happy as I am sure it does others. They moved the yarn section towards the back of the store near toys and sporting goods. Doesn't make alot of sense to me but whatever.....IT IS BACK!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I checked out the Walmart near me, and they just remodeled the whole store to add a grovery section. I went to the craft section and what a mess. The yarn looked like it was leftovers that came from AC Moore or Michaels. Very little to pick from and as Billie said racks were mostly empty and the yarn they had wasn't enough to even make a small baby blanket. I lucky to have AC Moore, Michaels and JoAnn near me to buy my yarns.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish wal mart would get it together. They seem to be going backwards on everything. They are putting out a lot of junky stuff lately. What happened to made in America, and good quality at a lower price. Wish I had an A.C. Moore near me, but I have to go 60 miles to get to one, 15 to Michaels and 10 to Joanns. When I am near them, I load up and use my coupons (which Wal Mart does not have). Think we all need to email Wal Mart (or maybe they just delete all of them....hard copy may be the way)

Post Thanks / Like
    Knittylady, Walmart does price matching. They read and responded to my e-mail, so it's worth a shot for people to write them, maybe if they are bomb barded with mail from enough of us it will help. I have to go 25 miles to Michael's, and this one doesn't have much of a selection when it comes to yarn, I don't even know of an A.C. Moore or Joann's anywhere unless it would be in Winston Salem, NC, which is an hour and a half drive one way for me. Walmart is all I have except the internet, which is delivered to me, but usually more expensive. I really don't mean to complain, but I am disabled and my crafts and playing music are what helps me to hold on to what little sanity I have left....lol

Post Thanks / Like
    "What happened to made in America?" Sorry, you're about 20 years too late. I remember when Wal-Mart had a banner hanging from the ceiling proclaiming MADE IN AMERICA. Once old Sam died and his heirs took over it was all about how much money they could make.

I go out of my wat NOT to shop at Wal-mart. Btu I do use Straight Talk for my cell phone and the cards are only available there.

Study after study has shown that after a Wal-mart moves into an areas wages go DOWN, the number of working poor relying on food stamps goes UP and locally owned business disappear. Once a Wal-Mat is established prices go UP.

Old Sam must be spinning in his grave to know what happened to the Made In America empire he built.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think our crafts and needlework are the best therapy in the world. 11sandylynn, I am not very familiar with NC, but we were just there for my husband's marine reunion with a bunch of nice guys and their wives that he was in the service with 50 plus years ago. Had a good time, and found a Michael's where we were staying in Jacksonville.

I know wal mart will match prices, but it is the quality of a lot of their things any more that I really do not like. I just feel that they are going the wrong way to make money, and we are the ones paying.

Have a great day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do remember that the made in america went out the door with Sam. You are right, he must be turning over in his grave.

Post Thanks / Like
    Knittylady, you're right, it's not the right way to go about making money, we have another plant here in Ashe County that is closing because they are sending work to Mexico. It's heart breaking. And thank you, I have had a good day, got to do one of my favorite things.....play music and sing I hope yours was as good or better and I hope everybody has a great week.